Hi everyone!
On a recent notice my guitar has started to sound weird when I mute the thicker strings. A kind of bad-radio-connection similar sound appears. Do you guys know what it can be?

First I was thinking fretbuzz but the sound appears after my guitars fretbuzz has stopped(yes it has a little of it).

The only thing I thought of later was that the pups(default emgs) are broken because I have to use full input in guitar rig to get distortion in any range at all almost, also when I play through my amp(which currently is broken but not in that way) the clean channel isn't working at all it seems :/

I can also tell you that the neck volume-knob(not the knob, they've fallen/been taken off lol but the pots under them) are kinda loose and can easly be turned more than supposed to :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WuAcXLncfE&feature=youtu.be

Youtube link^

And by the way I've changed the battery in the guitar^^

Plz help :S
Last edited by Alex_lhp at Jul 22, 2013,
When you switch the amp to your crunch channel does the volume need to be adjusted?

I would take the control cavity plate off and check the wiring on that loose pot. If it hasn't already broken a wire loose, it's sure to sometime. It's also an easy fix, just hold the pot still from the back and tighten the nut on the front with a wrench or socket (carefully avoid the finish)

Apart from that it kind of sounds like radio interference. I usually get sounds like that when I play with my cell phone in my pocket. Especially the beeping sound that I heard in the clip.

Do you use a tube amp? It could be that one of your tubes has gone overly microphonic and is vibrating on the gain channel.

I'd plug it into another amp and see if the problems persist and then go from there.
i have a similar problem with "static". I went to my local guitar shop and told them about that static and (this is important) that it got worse when my fingers were on the strings...

they said it's most likely a grounding issue...
Quote by Danitarium
When you switch the amp to your crunch channel does the volume need to be adjusted?

I would take the control cavity plate off and check the wiring on that loose pot. If it hasn't already broken a wire loose, it's sure to sometime. It's also an easy fix, just hold the pot still from the back and tighten the nut on the front with a wrench or socket (carefully avoid the finish)

Apart from that it kind of sounds like radio interference. I usually get sounds like that when I play with my cell phone in my pocket. Especially the beeping sound that I heard in the clip.

Do you use a tube amp? It could be that one of your tubes has gone overly microphonic and is vibrating on the gain channel.

I'd plug it into another amp and see if the problems persist and then go from there.

When I'm playing through my tube-amp I need to crank the volume up to ~5 or 6 to get the same volume as the gain channel does at ~1 or 2(it's a 60W 6505+ Combo amp), but as I said my amp is going to maintanance because of the effect loop being broken and that could also have a connection to the volume-problem.
Well I think the problem is with your amp. It may be that one of your tubes is having trouble. Try turning your amp on without a cable in the input and gently shaking it. Or take an unsharpened pencil and tap the tubes in the back while the power is on. If you can recreate this sound or something similar then we'll know it's the amp.
Quote by Danitarium
Well I think the problem is with your amp. It may be that one of your tubes is having trouble. Try turning your amp on without a cable in the input and gently shaking it. Or take an unsharpened pencil and tap the tubes in the back while the power is on. If you can recreate this sound or something similar then we'll know it's the amp.

As I said I tried playing through guitar rig and the amp so the problem definitely is in the guitars mics, do I need to replace them or can it be fixed? What do you think?
Have you replaced the 9volt battery in the guitar? It sounds like this is your problem
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Have you replaced the 9volt battery in the guitar? It sounds like this is your problem

As I wrote, yes I have, many times and you're very much right it seems to be that kind of problem. However it's not :/