I have a friend who thinks putting EMGs and a floyd rose on this guitar

[forbidden link] (Rockburn les paul styled guitar)

will make it as good as a £600+ guitar.

I can't say I agree with him, but I wanna see what people who know what they're talking about think.
No. Spend the money on a good guitar.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by gregs1020
your friend should stick to drumming.

Funny you said this, he actually plays the drums but switched over to playing the guitar more.

He is still convinced his guitar is amazing.
Not even quite
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by stormcorde
I have a friend who thinks putting EMGs and a floyd rose on this guitar

[forbidden link] (Rockburn les paul styled guitar)

will make it as good as a £600+ guitar.

I can't say I agree with him, but I wanna see what people who know what they're talking about think.

If the guitar didn't come with a Floyd (I can't see the link), don't bother putting one on -- you'll spend some serious money getting it routed and installed. Buying the EMGs and routing for a battery box (assuming it doesn't have one, and you WANT a battery box) is going to cost you yet more money. In the end, it will probably cost you more to put the guitar together than it will be worth.

There ARE guitars (I'm in the US, however) that already have what you need -- one brand in that price range is Agile, a Korean import sold by Rondo Music.

This one (AL-2000):

runs about $299 (plus case, plus shipping). Jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard, plastic inlays (same as a Gibson), solid mahogany body, maple neck, ceramic pickups. This guitar actually has a 24-fret neck, and notice the neck-body join -- this is almost as effective as the Gibson Axcess neck heel. I've got one of these (picked it up as a B stock for even less money), and I've had it about three years now. I had it PLEK'd and the frets superglued and it's been an amazing player ever since.

This one was more expensive, and arrived on the same day as the Gibson Axcess next to it.

This one has an ebony fretboard, real abalone inlays, triple binding on headstock and body, single binding on the neck, mahogany neck, full 3/4" figured maple cap on a one-piece mahogany body, 16" radius, 1 3/4" wide nut, fairly thin neck profile, jumbo frets, Floyd, alnico V pickups. Check out the shaved neck heel. New versions of this (this one is about three years old) have the same shaved neck heel as the Gibson Axcess and a tummy cut.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 22, 2013,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-deluxe-ec-1000-fr-electric-guitar

That's the only acceptable incarnation of the floyded Les Paul. If he doesn't have the money, tell him to go back to drums.

Or Agile, but they're a little iffy.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jul 22, 2013,
Quote by stormcorde
Funny you said this, he actually plays the drums

never had a doubt.
Quote by stormcorde
but switched over to playing the guitar more.

He is still convinced his guitar is amazing

this confirms you're not lying.

do what dspellman said.