Quote by tffan92
It was really great up until I heard that awful distorted guitar tone.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. When did it become okay to troll in this forum? Lol
I can see what he means though. The distorted guitar is very shrill and painful to listen to. I actually had to stop listening at that point.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I can see what he means though. The distorted guitar is very shrill and painful to listen to. I actually had to stop listening at that point.

I'm okay with a criticism like that. But when you post a cute little picture with a star that says you tried, you're just trolling.

Maybe someone can get past the tone and let me know how you feel about the song?
Quote by theTYTAN
meh. Not bad but not amazing either.

Says the guy who registered this month and has exactly one forum post - this one. I hate sounding so bitter but this is the first time I've posted on here in several years and nobody seems to have anything helpful or relevant to say in this forum anymore. At least several years ago people were polite about pointing out something that they didn't like or gave constructive feedback.

Oh well lol. Life goes on.
Get some mids in your guitar tone man. No scooping mids, that makes the guitar sound brittle and lame. Mids will round out your tone and make everything better. Also, work on the kick drum, look up how to EQ it. The cymbals are a bit loud as well, drop em down.

As for the composition, I liked the clean section. The first distortion section was kinda boring. The section distortion section with the leads was cool. Chorus was decent.

Work on your composing of drums and look up how to EQ a drumset. It'll make a HUGE difference in the overall sound of the track. That and fixing the guitar track will be the biggest thing.

Oh, just hit the breakdown. Get rid of it or layer something over top of it. It's awfully anti-climactic and boring. The solo after starts off well, but the ending has a bunch of out-of-key notes in it.

The dual lead into the fade-out was cool.

Also, don't feed the trolls.
Quote by fridzeppelin
Says the guy who registered this month and has exactly one forum post - this one. I hate sounding so bitter but this is the first time I've posted on here in several years and nobody seems to have anything helpful or relevant to say in this forum anymore. At least several years ago people were polite about pointing out something that they didn't like or gave constructive feedback.

Oh well lol. Life goes on.

Sorry. I just couldn't really think of anything constructive to say about it. I'll try to be more polite about things like this From here on out. I don't particularly care for unconstructive criticism either.
I would agree that the guitar is pretty harsh in the upper mids and highs. Tone those areas down some and as BloodReverence suggested some more mids would help. Perhaps mess around with different boost settings as well to get more saturation without getting the sharp high end. I had a hard time making out the kick drum. Most of the drums could use a bit more in the 2-5k area, with the exception of the cymbals. Practice, practice, and more practice with the eq and you will get better with the recording stuff. It's inevitable.
What stood out the most to me was really what several people have mentioned, as far as the drums needing to be EQ'd.
I thought the writing was pretty solid. Nothing I haven't already heard before, but it still kept my interest, at least until the breakdown - Definitely take that out or add something interesting over the top, as already said.

Also, your master is clipping EVERYWHERE, no need to be that heavy handed on the buss comp/limiter.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I like the song, and playing, but as others said, the sound quality could use some work, but that should be relatively easily fixed.

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
First, tones: clean guitars drums and bass, bass drop, all pretty damn good, but as the others have pointed distorted guitar needs a bit more low end, and some low mids, and less high mids. normally in a song it would be fine, but the bass guitar and drums have a much superior sound quality to them so it sounds out of place.
Playing: The guitars are played bang on, tight, love the riffs.
Writing: The style reminds me of ADTR crossed with BFMV. Sounds awesome, its just a shame the guitars seem to lack the power that the drums and bass have.

Overall great song, great playing but the tone makes it unenjoyable to listen.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1615653
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2