I keep having the same problem with whatever DAW I use, and I have a brand new pc so the PC should not be the problem...

But my timing is always out when mixing tracks by less than a second but its very annoying.

Its an issue I have had with several DAWs, and no, before you point the finger at me, I already tried on a friends computer several times and the timing was always bang on, each time, but for some reason when im using Reaper on my own computer, the timing is always out, any of you guys had similar issues that you fixed?
I use a line 6 ux1 interface, and I just tried through my Reaper preferences to switch from WaveOut to ASIO drivers, and I hit the record button, and its showing that when I hit strings its creating a wave, althoguh when I attempt to play it back, nothing happens
Quote by GNR1010
I use a line 6 ux1 interface, and I just tried through my Reaper preferences to switch from WaveOut to ASIO drivers, and I hit the record button, and its showing that when I hit strings its creating a wave, althoguh when I attempt to play it back, nothing happens

Do you have monitors/headphones plugged into the UX1...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
play with your buffer size in the settings. More powerful computers can handle smaller buffer sizes which are less latent.