has anyone out there tried it? any thoughts other than what's on the tube right now? dare i ask for clips?

ed got one and then hasn't posted, so maybe it killed him i dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvpw5AbSJHg

seems it could be a little "do everything" three channel job.

not a high wattage guy but you could go direct (oh the humanity!) to the PA

and not even bring a cab...

shit that's cathbard isn't it?

i'm just looking for any experiences with it or the ironheart line in general i suppose if you haven't played the studio.

for me personally i wouldn't need one amp for headphones and one head for jamming with buds.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 23, 2013,
Killswitch Engage used the Ironheart heads on stage at Soundwave in Australia this year. I worked their stage here on show day.
I was actually quite impressed with the tone and the sounds they managed to get from them. High gain, with definition and clarity. Like a Mesa mixed with an AC30 with a TS-9 in front of it.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Killswitch Engage used the Ironheart heads on stage at Soundwave in Australia this year. I worked their stage here on show day.
I was actually quite impressed with the tone and the sounds they managed to get from them. High gain, with definition and clarity. Like a Mesa mixed with an AC30 with a TS-9 in front of it.

thanks Slap, i really appreciate your thoughts on it.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
This thread is of interest to me.
i thought it may be.
if i grab one maybe we put it through the usual round of tests while beer is consumed and meat is smoked.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
This thread is of interest to me.

ooh me too. as soon as I saw Laney release this thing i wanted to grab one. seen one in the shops, but havent had the opportunity to play one yet. i've only heard good things though.
I tried the 60 watt head out before deciding on my EVH and really didn't think too much of it. I found it took forever to find a tone I liked. I wanted the push/pull knobs to make the tone change much more than it was, especially as they were active controls and not passive. Overall I just found there were too many tones to be had that were just sub-par on all levels for the amount of controls available.

They're just my thoughts. Maybe the 15 watt studio or the 120 watt would sound better to my ears.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
I tried the 60 watt head out before deciding on my EVH and really didn't think too much of it. I found it took forever to find a tone I liked. I wanted the push/pull knobs to make the tone change much more than it was, especially as they were active controls and not passive. Overall I just found there were too many tones to be had that were just sub-par on all levels for the amount of controls available.

They're just my thoughts. Maybe the 15 watt studio or the 120 watt would sound better to my ears.

thanks for posting. yeah not all of the demos sound great to me, but it sounds like i should be able to hit the few tones i prefer if i dial it in right. there is a certain darkness to some of the clips but those are usually the ones recording from a distance or at an odd angle to whoever is playing. a couple of the clean clips sounded really thin, but others sounded great. i have to assume until i play it myself that it's the recordings because other clips sound really nicely dialed in.
Quote by gregs1020
thanks for posting. yeah not all of the demos sound great to me, but it sounds like i should be able to hit the few tones i prefer if i dial it in right. there is a certain darkness to some of the clips but those are usually the ones recording from a distance or at an odd angle to whoever is playing. a couple of the clean clips sounded really thin, but others sounded great. i have to assume until i play it myself that it's the recordings because other clips sound really nicely dialed in.

I meant to mention that in my first post about the fact all the videos make it sound real good, but I just couldn't get that same feel when I tried dialling it in myself.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
never tried it, greg, but i'll have a lurk anyway
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That does look interesting

I am more interested in the new Tony Iommi combo right now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 23, 2013,
you mean the beard and sunglasses?

sorry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
real fenders are pine, ash or alder.

or basswood with a rosewood veneer.
Quote by Ippon
I bet it'll sound nice with Fender's new Mahogany Modern Player HSH Strat. Buy 1, take 1 for the team!

I'm betting Dave, 311, Robb, etc. agree.

I was thinking Charvel So Cal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by gregs1020
ba dum tshhh

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ you beat me to the sunglasses / beard joke. i was so going there.
Quote by Ippon

you are a prophet.

my buddy is giving me a mahogany strat body for refinishing his ash body.

i asked to refinish the ash body, just to practice. but i've been texting him pics of the progress and he's freaking out about it. now he's looking for a neck for it. the thing sat in his garage for 20 years and now he wants to build another guitar out of it.

so i guess i'm building a mahogany strat next. crimson red looks good but i'm actually thinking natural so it looks more similar to korina.

rob a so-cal would be nice too.
Quote by gregs1020
^ you beat me to the sunglasses / beard joke. i was so going there.

hahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
i suck at waiting...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Cuz this may change my mind on a few things, If it gets a thumbs up from you guys them im all over one
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
just did a couple hours though the headphones, if that's any indication of what it's going to sound like through a cab it should kick some ass. it's def as tight as people say.

i won't get to blast it until this weekend. i'll do a full report and NAD thread then, probably Sunday.

i see what people mean by the power lamp flashing, mine was off the charts.

oh yeah, fake tube glow lolz.

Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 27, 2013,
Make sure to tell us what you think about the built in boost. When trying the 60 watt head I thought it was horrific and think most people feel that way about it too. It added mud, not tightness.
Quote by Lavatain
Make sure to tell us what you think about the built in boost. When trying the 60 watt head I thought it was horrific and think most people feel that way about it too. It added mud, not tightness.

i found the same thing. it's "okay" as a boost at the lowest levels, but anything over 2 is useless imo. i probably won't use it much other than as a slight boost on the clean channel. it is certainly something that wouldn't be missed if they had left it out of the design.

the amp has no shortage of "tight", almost to a fault.
nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

i had some spare gem lights that fit well enough to take a few shots and mess with people.
Quote by Dave_Mc
nice

def a modern sounding type of gain etc.

one thing people have posted about the irt series is that they don't do "classic rock" type tones very well. i would agree with that. it can pull it off certainly, but it's not the amp i'd choose if that's all i played. i'll have to try to record some kind of ac/dc something because that's the kind of tone people are posting that it struggles with. (not that a tubescreamer type pedal wouldn't cure that easily enough).

i'll do a decent review and go into depth on each channel and what it's pros/cons are.

i will say that with the tele i was able to use a setting on the clean/crunch shared eq that worked really well for both channels. so that's a plus.
yeah i figured it'd be more modern-sounding. everyone brings out cheap high gainers now i like more classic-sounding amps
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney rules all the way,just add a ts9/mini/808 to your investment and you'll be an instant tone god ..
Ive had both ironheart and gh 50L,and lemme tell you that with a boost even Gh50L was a monster with its true british tone . With the right tweaking you'll be an instant tone God .
go for any of them ..but if ud like an awesome tone at literally a bedroom volume ..ironheart it is then .I Love my Ironhearts,n im sure you'l love them too ...!!

check out the tone test of my new Irt Studio @1watt ..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntnqrGduwr4
stop necro bumping threads guy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate