So im looking for a Multi Fx that can change channels with latching switches and can give some classic fx like chorus, reverb, and some flanger any ideas?
Last edited by MeTAL SOLDIER at Jul 23, 2013,
Do you mean a multi-fx?

Only way you'll be able to set it up to change the channels on your amp is if your amp and the pedal has midi.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I used to use a tc electronics g major 2 for this purpose.

I'd have a preset using my amp's clean channel with chorus, delay, and reverb. Then I'd hit a button and it'd go to a patch using my amp's distortion channel with no effects.

Keep in mind you would also need a foot controller. I used the behringer one with like 10 switches and 2 expression pedals.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44

Forgot about this.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by ibanezguitars44

I'd have a preset using my amp's clean channel with chorus, delay, and reverb. Then I'd hit a button and it'd go to a patch using my amp's distortion channel with no effects.

Keep in mind you would also need a foot controller. I used the behringer one with like 10 switches and 2 expression pedals.

i would need a midi switcher right?
You need the g major 2, the foot controller, and some cables.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Eppicurt
Do you mean a multi-fx?

Only way you'll be able to set it up to change the channels on your amp is if your amp and the pedal has midi.

Not true.

Boss GT10 can do it.

TC G major can do it, but a midi floor controller is pretty essential there.
Some midi footpedals also have amp switching - so if you have midi gear, or want to head that way it's pretty easy.

For instance, the behringer FCB1010 - probably the most popular midi footswitch for amateur guitarists, has two switches for amp channels or whatever.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Not true.

It's ok. He already admitted his mistake. No need to call him out on it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
It's ok. He already admitted his mistake. No need to call him out on it.

I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything.
Just providing relevant information to TS. His post seemed to (almost certainly accidentally) imply that the G major was an unusual case of channel switching without midi. I was just trying to correct that.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything.
Just providing relevant information to TS. His post seemed to (almost certainly accidentally) imply that the G major was an unusual case of channel switching without midi. I was just trying to correct that.

Yeah well **** you buddy.

Kidding. I had a brain fart and dun goofed.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
So just to clarify/consolidate the posts above me:

If your amp has a 1/4" channel switch TRS jack, then it can be controlled with a TCE G Major 2, or a Boss GT8/10/100.

If your amp has a more complicated switching mechanism, like a 7 pin DIN or something similar, then you'll need some kind of go-between, like a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. This is the worst place to be in, because it is by far the most expensive to rig up.

If your amp has MIDI, then you're back in a good place. All good MFX units have MIDI inputs and outputs, and this connection will give you the most control over your rig.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Eppicurt
Yeah well **** you buddy.

Kidding. I had a brain fart and dun goofed.

Sorry if I appeared rude or condescending or anything. I didn't mean to.

And it happens

Quote by Offworld92
If your amp has a more complicated switching mechanism, like a 7 pin DIN or something similar, then you'll need some kind of go-between, like a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. This is the worst place to be in, because it is by far the most expensive to rig up.

For some amps (such as my mesa f30), if one is handy with a soldering iron, one can simply create a cable with the relevant connectors. Amp specific information, and how to's on this kinda thing are available online, so do some research on your amp before spending a ton of money or losing hope
RIP Gooze

cats
^ Have you done it? It's certainly possible in theory, but I may or may not be a little bitter because I could never get it to work with my JSX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
^ Have you done it? It's certainly possible in theory, but I may or may not be a little bitter because I could never get it to work with my JSX.

I hate your GT. sell it and keep your 6505.

Lets clarify the GT-10: it is meant for a mono cable footswitch, not a TRS. If you have a 2 button foot controller you may have to get creative. I had to switch the contacts in a cable to get the GT to work with a 6505. (Otherwise it was turning the FX loop on and off instead of changing channels)

In theory it's possible for the midi style like the JSX and 6505+.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Jul 24, 2013,
Quote by mulefish
Sorry if I appeared rude or condescending or anything. I didn't mean to.

And it happens

Nope, didn't come off that way at all mate.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
^
Quote by Offworld92

No I haven't. I was going to do it about 6 months ago, but than ended up lending the amp to a mate. Only just got it back last week, and it's on the too do list (as well as change the effects loop from parallel to series).
RIP Gooze

cats
Rp1000 can do it, but your still going to need the trs cables, which means you're in the same spot as using your regular foot switch anyways, lol!
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Also, the rjm amp gizmo can switch your amps channels using midi from the Multi fx
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra