Pretty much all in the title. My mate said it's fine but this whole time I've been thinking it was bad for the amp.

I would be putting it through a Vox AC4TV if that makes a difference.
West Ham United
Quote by Slap-happy
Yes.

Hm I thought a lower frequency wrecked the speaker or something, like with bass.
West Ham United
You could get into trouble with percussive bass. ie bass with fast attack. Boom goes the speaker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
All of the above, but....

Why?

I could understand it if you were talking about putting it through a big amp for gigging, but the AC4 is only good for home practice volumes, especially if you want to keep the sound clean. If the keyboard has it's own built in speakers, you may as well just use those for practicing.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
It's in our band practice space in my garage and at the best of times the only amp available for the keyboardist is going to be the Vox AC4 (or maybe one of those little Fender clean amps, might be called a Champion?). He's competing for volume with a drummer and the built in speakers are awful.

So I'll take it as a no?

Quote by Cathbard
You could get into trouble with percussive bass. ie bass with fast attack. Boom goes the speaker.
We don't particularly go crazy with the low frequencies but that's not to say we would never heavily accent a low note.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Jul 23, 2013,
If you're competing for volume with a drummer, then the AC4 won't be enough.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Bugger.

For future reference, is keyboard not safe for guitar amps at a decent volume?
West Ham United
The amp won't be hurt but bass can beat up guitar speakers.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.

What he said. The amp will be ok but the speaker(s) aren't made for that.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
Can't you run it into the PA??? :S
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
Can't you run it into the PA??? :S

Home practice, mate.

Don't worry now guys, my other guitarist is bringing in one of his old keyboard amps to fill in for a while. Thanks to everyone!
West Ham United