So i just realised something that made me feel kinda dumb.. none the less i need to confirm it.

Say your play the A minor pentatonic and u want to do a bend.. Do you bend from one fret back and up to the next fret? Is that what your supposed to do? Be one fret behind the note and bend up to it? Always? So if im on the high e string and im playing A minor pentatonic and i want to bend do i do the bend on the 7th up to the 8?
Basically im wondering do you always bend from one fret back? Or if its a full bend 2 frets back?

Please dont hate on me lol, cheers for any help!!
Bend to the next note, it could be 1, 2, 3, or more frets bend depending what note you want. Listening is key to bending
bend to any note in the scale. If you're bending to a note that isn't in the scale then you're no longer playing in that scale.
Quote by vayne92
bend to any note in the scale. If you're bending to or from a note that isn't in the scale then you're no longer playing in that scale.

Quote by ToastedAndButte
so if im still playing the A minor pentatonic and i bend on the high e 8th fret up to the ninth fret im no longer in the pentatonic scale. But f bend the high e 8th fret up to the 10th fret iv moved to a major pentatonic?

The 8th fret of the high e is a C. C bent up a step (two frets) is a D. An A minor pentatonic has a D so you're still in A minor pentatonic.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You're overcomplicating things horrendously.

Bending is just another way of moving from one note to the next, that's all. Using a bend isn't going to change the scale you're using or the key you're in. Sometimes you pick notes, sometimes you use hammer ons and pull offs, sometimes you use slides, sometimes you use bends. It simply depends on what you want the transition between those two notes to sound like.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oooo ok so it is like a slide linking two scales together? e.g. minor pentatonic to major pentatonic if i was to slide from the high e 8th fret to the 10th? i could bend to link them together or hammer on to it too link them together? but the fact remains that i still have to be one fret behind the note i want to bend too? Or two frets for a whole step bend? haha i am over complicating it arnt i..
Quote by ToastedAndButte
oooo ok so it is like a slide linking two scales together? e.g. minor pentatonic to major pentatonic if i was to slide from the high e 8th fret to the 10th? i could bend to link them together or hammer on to it too link them together? but the fact remains that i still have to be one fret behind the note i want to bend too? Or two frets for a whole step bend? haha i am over complicating it arnt i..

You're really over complicating it.

You're on a C. Do you want to hit a D (10th fret on the e string)? Bend up to it. That's it. Don't worry about scales.

Slides, bends and hammer on/pull offs are just different ways of moving from note to note. If you wanted to bend to a C then you would start before C. That depends entirely on how big of a bend you want. If you want a little one, start a fret behind C (B). If you want a bigger bend then do two frets.

All have to worry about is where you're starting and where you're ending up. Everything else is style. You could slide from 8th fret to 10, hammer on 8th to 10th, or bend from 8th to 10th.

Bending is all about listening. Play the note you want (10th fret) then bend the 8th fret up to that pitch. That's all it is. Don't worry about scales and stuff. You're having trouble with fundamental skills. Focus on those and build up. It isn't a race.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls