Basically 3 of my student housemates are moving out in September so they have to tell the council they're moving so that their council tax bills are cancelled. This involves a phone call to the local council to inform them.

I'm staying in the house with new housemates as a student so this doesn't apply to me (students are exempt from council tax)

The 3 of them are bickering as to who's going to call up.
One said "bagsy not me".
Another said "I did it the first time round and I am working full time so i literally don't have time to do it!!" (bullshit)
The third one is literally refusing to call up because she is too much of a pussy.

These are 3 21/22 year olds. What to do pit?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jul 23, 2013,
I thought I'd be able to help, but I actually have no idea what any of that means. Damn Brits.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
These are 3 21/22 year olds.

Are you sure? Sounds like they're a bunch of toddlers to me.

Just be happy that you're not involved and stay out of it. You're not going to be able to make them grow up, so just be happy that you're getting rid of them.
Just don;t get involved. Not your problem.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by crm261

Just be happy that you're not involved and stay out of it. You're not going to be able to make them grow up, so just be happy that you're getting rid of them.

Yeah, he means they are all 3 and 21 22ndths of a year old.

What do you expect from a group of people under 4?
do noses

if you dont know what that is, last one to touch their nose and say "noses" has to do it

simple as, can't argue with it. if there is a discrepancy or smth do it again
cat
Quote by crm261

Yep, they're all older than me either by a few months or over a year.

I mean they're nice people but they're shirking responsibility for something that has to be done. I mean I could call up and do it for them but that's weird and they should be going out into the real world soon after graduation and getting jobs.

Girl 2 "I refuse to do it" has literally not ever worked a job in her 22 years of living so that's just weird. Only child syndrome? Perhaps.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by guitarxo
do noses

if you dont know what that is, last one to touch their nose and say "noses" has to do it

simple as, can't argue with it. if there is a discrepancy or smth do it again

That's essentially what bagsy is though, and that's already failed.

In a world where bagsy holds no sway... Chaos.

EDIT: Also, are the three next people moving in with you all students or will they have to pay council tax too?

If they're students they'll need to call as they'll need to provide evidence anyway, and if they're not then why bother calling? You have to pay the same.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Jul 23, 2013,
noses is quick fast and physical. the slow ones lose. it's completely their fault they cannot argue. TS be the arbitrator and pinch their nostrils tgt if they whine about it so they will actually be whining whenever they speak and tell them that if they do not comply you will call up whoever it is and force them to whine into the phone therby humiliating themselves
cat
Flowchart
Wait, if it doesn't get done, does that effect you in any way?
-> If yes, then make it clear you're not going to do it, and bother them until they do it.
-> If no, then make it clear you're not going to do it, and don't do it.

And you guys have to pay taxes as a renter? Ewww.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MadClownDisease
That's essentially what bagsy is though, and that's already failed.

In a world where bagsy holds no sway... Chaos.

EDIT: Also, are the three next people moving in with you all students or will they have to pay council tax too?

If they're students they'll need to call as they'll need to provide evidence anyway, and if they're not then why bother calling? You have to pay the same.

Three people next year are all students, including me, we all get certificates from the uni saying we are exempt from council tax.

Three current housemates are moving back home, or into different houses somewhere else, so theyve literally just got to say to the council "we are not living here any more".

why do anything?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
The first one is the only one that doesn't have to do it because he got bagsies.

Bagsy is sacred, yo.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Basically 3 of my student housemates are moving out in September so they have to tell the council they're moving so that their council tax bills are cancelled. This involves a phone call to the local council to inform them.

I'm staying in the house with new housemates as a student so this doesn't apply to me (students are exempt from council tax)

One said "bagsy not me".
Another said "I did it the first time round and I am working full time so i literally don't have time to do it!!" (bullshit)
The third one is literally refusing to call up because she is too much of a pussy.

Thats not that bad tbh, my housemates do the exact same every time they order a chinese
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
TBB, Typical British Behaviour.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Don't do anything. It's not your responsibility. If they move and don't tell the council, the council will find out where they have moved to and send them a bill for the year regardless. Since they're not students, wherever they live they will have to pay council tax anyway. They will not be able to evade it, and sooner or later they will have to call them. If it means they call when they get a bill for hundreds of pounds of unpaid fees, so be it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Three people next year are all students, including me, we all get certificates from the uni saying we are exempt from council tax.

Three current housemates are moving back home, or into different houses somewhere else, so theyve literally just got to say to the council "we are not living here any more".

Well then you'll have to tell them you're all students living there when they move in anyway; the three people living there now don't need to do anything.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

One said "bagsy not me".

I pretty much had this EXACT same issue this year.

I ended up being the one to call the landlord to get the oven fixed, call Dyno-rod to get the toilet unblocked, get the internet sorted out. The only thing I didn't have to sort out was the electricity and gas bills because they weren't in my name. But the only bill to have money come straight out of someones account was the internet bill which was mine and trying to get them to pay me money was 80% the time a ****ing chore.

Also, the whole 'bagsy' thing applied here with when someone mentioned calling someone about sorting a problem, the ****ing morons would all go "Shotgun not!" and because I don't have the mental age of a 13 year old, I always had to call up because they refused.

Funny thing now is the gas company have texted me probably about getting it disconnected because of not enough payment (i've paid my final share and moved out already and they haven't yet) so I just sent them a copy of the text and told them its their problem. I've paid all my shit.

I'm so glad I'm not living with them again. It was a long year and I swear I have paid out more than I should have on bills compared to last year with different, much more organised people.

As a solution for you (which I wish I had thought of in my house) is to call them up this time and make a list on who has called what. You called this one so if another phone call needs to be made about something else, you can say its someone elses turn. That could easily not work and them still leave it all to you but in these situations, there isnt much you can do apart from force them to sort the shit out somehow.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Jul 23, 2013,
bagsy

TS you need to respect their social anxiety and understand that talking on the phone is way too stressful for them
Quote by EndTheRapture51

One said "bagsy not me".

Isn't there a form you have to fill in rather than a phone call? There was when I was a student. Or you should be able to email someone rather than call.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by ProphetToJables
Just don;t get involved. Not your problem.

Very much his problem, council are cunts when it comes to council tax. If none of them comply then they'll chase up anybody they can for the money i.e. TS.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
Quote by Avedas
bagsy

TS you need to respect their social anxiety and understand that talking on the phone is way too stressful for them

But they're 22 and it's just a phone call

How are they going to get jobs?

What do you mean poor people?

I'm good friends with my housemates but I have similar sort of problems, if something goes wrong with the house I'm the one always ringing the landlords, etc.

I do more of my share of buying communal stuff as well (washing up liquid, etc).

Gets fcking annoying. I find it embarrassing that they're like that.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Last edited by Jakeylee111 at Jul 23, 2013,
I often had this problem in my old house. I think people try to pass the buck because it's a bit of a hassle quite a lot of the time, and if there is a bill you have to pay, if you do it there and then, you are left out of pocket and you have to chase people up for money.

In this situation though, if it doesn't affect you, just say you aren't going to do it. Smart money says they will leave it until the last minute, then go ahead and do it once they realise that you really aren't going to do it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 23, 2013,
If it doesn't affect you, leave it be, once you/new housemates register at the beginning of the year that you're living there, the council will probably realise they're not living there anymore, if not, leave it and rest assured that you'll cope far better in the real world than any of them, they won't always have parents/housemates to make their calls!
Yes, it's a very old username.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Yeah, he means they are all 3 and 21 22ndths of a year old.

What do you expect from a group of people under 4?

At least their birthday is in a few days
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Tell them one of them has to do it or you will forward their details on to debt collectors, then leave them to it. They can either behave like idiots or have bailiffs pursue them for money. Easy choice.
They can't spend five minutes tops on a phone call that will make them not have to pay for something? They aren't mature enough to be living on their own.