I have a trigger finger on the small finger on my fretting hand.
Having picked up bass I've found pretty much no limitations with this as I can compensate .However Guitar is a different story ,would it even be worth buying one?

This is a trigger finger I have had since birth and did not develop.Surgery is the only fix.
Thanks for a reply if any.
Don't bump your own thread after 20 minutes, you're only supposed to bump once every 24 hours, and you're in the wrong place. Try posting in the guitar techniques or electric guitar forums to get better answers.

John
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
If you can play bass with it then you can play guitar, many people rarely use their pinky for fretting anyway.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i have some friends that have that and they are decent guitarist, there was a gypsie guitarist who got caught in a fire and had his whole fretting hand melted except his index and middle finger and he is crazy good, u should be fine just make some of your own techniques
Quote by jaybyrnelfc
I have a trigger finger on the small finger on my fretting hand.
Having picked up bass I've found pretty much no limitations with this as I can compensate .However Guitar is a different story ,would it even be worth buying one?

This is a trigger finger I have had since birth and did not develop.Surgery is the only fix.
Thanks for a reply if any.

Get one. I've met a hundred guitarists with all four fingers working who still didn't utilise their pinky - mine tends to curl away anyway when I'm not using it so I don't see it being a problem. Obviously some chords will be impossible but perhaps you could use your thumb to get some of the bass notes for you? Think Toni Iommi or Rick Allen