Page 1 of 2
I ask because no one ever seems to know what to say.

Personally, I like people to relate somehow, but when I try to do that I feel like I'm making it about me which isn't my intention. I guess it makes me feel less alone in my problems and helps me to see that it's something you can get through. Also some form of a compliment is always nice, along with advice as long as it isn't just straight out of the ass. But pity is rarely any help, despite the good intentions and it being the natural reaction.

What about you? Maybe there's something that helps almost everyone?

Edit: Also, input on common stuff you don't wanna hear would be good too.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Jul 24, 2013,
'wanna fuck?'
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I don't want to be told anything really. I just wanna be alone to gather myself and stuff.

I'm pretty rarely unhappy though so I don't have to worry about it much.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Either be told nothing, or be put down so i can prove you wrong
Sail upon the open skies
hey bruv im coming over with sum dank ass wooo
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
"u r beutiful and special bae"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I wouldn't know because I pretty much never tell people when I'm unhappy. I guess you could say I just... think it out for myself until I feel better...? I don't know.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
No advice. I can't take advice when I'm sad/upset. No compliments. I hate compliments even when I'm in a good mood

Just a sense of caring and empathy I guess. "ill be there for you" etc. I don't mind if people talk about themselves because it means that they want to talk to me which is nice.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
No advice. I can't take advice when I'm sad/upset. No compliments. I hate compliments even when I'm in a good mood

Just a sense of caring and empathy I guess. "ill be there for you" etc. I don't mind if people talk about themselves because it means that they want to talk to me which is nice.

For real, this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
When I'm unhappy, honestly, I just need my alone time. By the end of it all I'm fine, although is largely depends on what I'm unhappy about. Occasionally I'll feel like I need to talk to someone, in which case I just need someone that's willing to listen and offer some perspective. That's all really.
Quote by zincabopataurio
When I'm unhappy, honestly, I just need my alone time.

Same.

When people try to bug me when I'm unhappy I tend to take things out on them. Not physically or by insulting them or anything, I just get very cold and give one word answers to everything and "I don't know" to anything that requires an explanation.

Usually I just need an hour or so to calm down and then I'm approachable.
Nothing, really. Except a good, genuine laugh about something.

I think the thing that really gets me is when people try to be super optimistic. If anything, I'd prefer for the person to just be real with me.

Nothing annoys me more than when people are shitting sunshine and rainbows and "Oh it'll get better you just have to be positive!" "Things are always darkest before the dawn!" "Every cloud has a silver lining!" and all that other stupid shit. **** off if you have nothing actual to contribute to the situation.

I'm a fan of people who can pull something real or personal that I can relate to in the situation, though.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
On some shallow level I want someone to go "damn i actually had *something similar*..." and just strike a sad conversation that I can put my sadness into and move on, but really what I want is for someone to go "if you do this your problem's solved" or "let me handle it"

(This NEVER happens, btw. So my complaining ends up being a plea for help that no one can actually answer or help lol)

Quote by CodeMonk
"Here's a big bag of weed"

Part of me wants this as well.

EDIT: Actually, I think that I don't look for advice at all. I literally just want other people to tell me that they've fixed it. Which they can't. Either that or to really just hand me copious amounts of drugs.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 24, 2013,
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
'wanna fuck?'

That or, "Drinks are on me!"

Of course, I'm not into letting other people in on my feelings, so I just expect these to be spontaneous occasions.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I just want to have people shut up and let me think. Usually if I'm quiet when I'm upset, it means I realize I'm making an ass of myself, speaking incoherently, and stopping so I can figure out what to say/do. Talking does not help.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Idk I dont really get upset too often. Usually I can find some silver lining to some bad situation, or I realize what is bothering me isn't actually important and carry on with my day like nothing happened.

When I am upset for real though, I just sort of throw on an album I like (usually Superunknown) and relax. I dont really want to be told anything
I'm surprised at how many people say they'd rather be left alone. I guess if the person in need doesn't bring it up first that might usually be best? But then again no one minds being asked if anything's wrong, right?

Quote by Mephaphil
I like to be told to 'cheer up'. That's never stupid and annoying.

Yeah I hate that.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I'm surprised at how many people say they'd rather be left alone. I guess if the person in need doesn't bring it up first that might usually be best? But then again no one minds being asked if anything's wrong, right?

I gotta take time to clear my mind when i'm unhappy. Interaction with people doesn't help cuz then I gotta act happy. Don't wanna bring everybody else down.

I hate being asked if anything's wrong.
Quote by bradulator

I hate being asked if anything's wrong.

=/
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
=/

It's mostly because the reasons for being unhappy in my experience are generally stupid and a waste of time to be unhappy about because the solution is often incredibly easy. Those are pretty much the only times i'm unhappy. And I ain't eager to whine about stupid stuff to somebody cuz it's embarrassing.
Last edited by bradulator at Jul 24, 2013,
Have a smoke and hang out with someone chill enough to take my mind off it and onto something positive. My roommate is pretty good at it. Great guy, I'd come home bummed about cancer stuff and he'd have me back to my regular self in 20 minutes.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I want to be alone but I don't. So usually I spend a few hours alone, get myself really angry about something and break stuff, then I'm ready to talk to someone. Mostly when I want to be alone its because it's embarrassing for me to be upset in front of others, what I'm sad about is insignificant/easily fixed, or I don't think the people around me will understand and I will get angry at them for not understanding and I'd rather not be angry at people for stuff that isn't their fault.
cat
I just want everyone to piss off until I can get my thoughts straight.

0 interaction
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
That's a good question. I feel pretty shit right now and I don't know what anybody could say that would cheer me up. I don't think anything would. That's part of being sad, though. You can't be optimistic when you're sad.

I normally don't talk about things, though.

Quote by CodeMonk
"Here's a big bag of weed"

This would definitely help.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jul 24, 2013,
Depends what it is, and who it is. Just talking through whatever is bothering me helps, and the feeling that i am not alone with my problem helps. Then again, sometimes i just want to be left alone to deal with it in my own way. If it is something that i think can get over by kind of taking time to rationalise everything in my head, then that usually helps.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Misery loves company.

Misery also loves booze and weed.

2 out of 3 do the trick for me.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
When I'm unhappy I like when people tell me how children are starving in Africa. That always cheers me up
wanna see my boom boom
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I'm not particularly insecure so I don't get upset about most things, but when I am genuinely upset, what I don't want is a compliment because then I just assume people think I'm fishing for one, I don't want the person I'm talking to saying it's all the other person's fault, in fact, I would rather just either blast some music very loud, or pick up my guitar and blast some music very loud, or get a couple of buddies and talk about anything but what's making me upset until I'm ready to talk it out.

Cold as it sounds I haven't suffered any bereavements that have left me inconsolable, apart from my dog, and when that happened I just cried it out, so I don't know what I'd want people to say to me. Probably a similar strategy, just take my mind off things until I'm ready to deal with it.

I am also terrible at dealing with upset people. My current strategy is just sitting there and letting people just rant, no interruptions but paying close attention. Seems to work, which is good as I never know what to say. I take most compliments directed at me as insincere so I don't tend to dish them out.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Page 1 of 2