I have a podhd500. What drum program can I use or easily "find" on the web to record some geets, and program decent sounding drum tracks? I'm just using audacity right now because its easy to get and free. Please help your fellow white man. Thank you.
Reaper is free. It's a pretty slick interface, and I've managed to develop a pretty efficient workflow with it. You download a full version and then can endlessly extend your trial and the only price you pay is the guilt that you're getting quality software someone has worked hard on for free haha. Works fine with my POD XT (Better than Logic but that's a whole other kettle of fish I'm yet to investigate). You'll probably be out of luck for drum programming though, it doesn't have any vsts or anything. Unless you can 'find' addictive drums or steven slate or something
Quote by HomoSum
What drum program can I use or easily "find" on the web...

Why do you need to allude to piracy? I mean seriously, every couple of threads we have to explain that we don't tolerate piracy here. You are the scum of the industry.
Quote by HomoSum
... to record some geets, and program decent sounding drum tracks? I'm just using audacity right now because its easy to get and free. Please help your fellow white man. Thank you.

I don't see why race is relevant here. The phrase "your fellow <something>" also typically means something that both people are, so are you insinuating you only want help from white people? or are you just an ignorant bastard?

Quote by rollertoaster
Reaper is free.

*yawn* NO IT'S NOT! It's cheap, and has a free trial, but it is not free.
Quote by rollertoaster
It's a pretty slick interface, and I've managed to develop a pretty efficient workflow with it.
This I actually agree with. Especially since there's themes and savable layouts and stuff so if it doesn't quite fit you can just change it.
Quote by rollertoaster
You download a full version and then can endlessly extend your trial and the only price you pay is the guilt that you're getting quality software someone has worked hard on for free haha.

And the risk of ruining an amazing company with an approach to piracy I would love to see in more companies.
Quote by rollertoaster
You'll probably be out of luck for drum programming though, it doesn't have any vsts or anything. Unless you can 'find' addictive drums or steven slate or something

And now you're encouraging piracy

TS Did you even look at the first page before posting? I mean we get DAW threads every few days (and there's a section in the Interfaces sticky on it) and there's a PSA thread about free drum samples posted by kyle62 (one of the regs) a couple of days ago. I'm not going to link them because I want you to actually take the two seconds to find them yourself (Tip: If your stuck, use the search function).
Whilst Chatterbox may of been a little harsh... he's right on pretty much every front.

I quote from the REAPER trial screen:

REAPER IS NOT FREE It is a paid software product just like you buy in a box from a store. If you use it more than 30 days you are required to purchase a license. You have been evaluating REAPER for approximately ___ days. You have run REAPER ___ times for a total of __:__:__ REAPER licenses are very reasonably priced. We offer discounts for personal non-commercial use, and for very small businesses. We are showing you this message, instead of crippling this evaluation version of REAPER, because we do not feel technological enforcement of licensing policy is in the best interest of our customers.

Also if you can't afford to save up $60 for a bit of software that a small company has worked very hard on, I think you should probably be selling your major possessions so you don't get evicted from whatever one room apartment you're currently living in.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jul 24, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
Whilst Chatterbox may of been a little harsh... he's right on pretty much every front.

HE TOOK MY JAWB!

Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp