Many guitarists buy multi fx and when used with an already good sounding amp with an effects loop find it hard to get a good result

Here are my tips when using the basic multi FX that cannot be used in the 4CM connection.

1. When set up using headphones the patches sound wonderful, put it into the front of your amp and often it sounds dreadful - fact for most of us sadly

2. Connecting the Multi FX direct into the return socket of the amps FX loop works but you lose alot of your amps features and original tone

3. Where and how should I use it in my already nice sounding amp with good crunch and overdrive from the amp, this is what I do and the results are far better assuming your amp has an effects loop ( serial type is most common )

First edit your first patch as a "neutral" patch where every thing in the MFX is turned off, no pre amps, pedals on even turn noise suppressor off.
Next put the MFX into the amps effects loop send to input of MFX and Left Out to Return on the amp.
Play guitar and adjust amp tone, sound to taste with MFX off, then turn on the MFX and the sound should be as near to 100% the same, no difference in tone or volume using your neutral patch you created

Next copy this neutral patch to 2nd, 3rd, 4th patches etc and then edit each patch but ONLY add modulations i.e chorus, flanger etc and delays and reverbs DO NOT ADD PRE AMPS OR DRIVE PEDALS.

The results should be quality sounding effects to enhance the nice original amp sound, this is even better if you have a nice tube amp sound to start with.

I have done this many times and compared the alternatives and nothing seems to beat this method with mid priced multi fx

At present in my tube amp I use the basic Boss ME25 as described and this gives good live sounds for gigging, practical selection of different pedal sounds.

The one effect that I am not sure about is using COMPRESSION in the effects loop, seems to work but you can try this yourself

Many may say that the method above is wasting most of the features, I disagree for amp use and live use this sounds far the best, however for home recording, headphone practice you can leave some"original" patches saved away from your normal patches and these sound great in stereo in headphones and recording

Hope that helps as this topic is often discussed where should I place my effects but never goes deep enough to assist when people already have a great amp sound that they wish to enhance yet retain the great amp sound

Some will also say analogue stomp boxes are the way to go, I agree 100% but as a starting point for a gigging guitarist hell bent on using the Multi FX but has a nice amp already this method works, later they can choose what sounds they want and head off into the separate pedal route if they don't mind the tap dance routine to change sounds
Holy opinion! Can you explain that in different words?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
What didn't you understand ???

Its hard to explain in words easy to show I guess but with so many folk getting MFX because they have other added features for home recording, headphone practice etc etc yet getting the best sound from your already good amp tone can be hard to do.

Remember effects will not make a crap sounding amp better just a crap amp with added effects !
You literally have the worst threads.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt

Can you explain that with a little more crass?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Can you explain that with a little more crass?

You need things explained to you a lot.

His threads are kind of pointless and non specific. They lack any kind of question and they just sound like they belong in a blog.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yea, most of this stuff has been said a million times online. A simple search would yield many, better worded results.

Who are you talking to? This will leave the front page before any number of people who come here specifically with this problem get to read it, so what's the point? It's not going to get stickied because again, people would only rarely ask this question.

I fear that his ego got in the way of his common sense.

Plus he thinks that the Boss ME25 is mid priced.
OMG cant understand you guys, either you have issues with people adding advice, something this forum is supposed to offer

Sod it I will not bother to post and I will **** off and leave you guys to find your own way as obviously you know more than I do and feel I have no place on this forum

Unbelievable the responses from Mephaphil are you for real ??
Quote by Eppicurt

Any you my friend are adding nothing but childish comments, grow up stupid boy
Hahaha, though it might be a bit harsh I do find it pretty funny that this thread turned into a Wolfie bashing clinic for the masses.
Quote by Wolfie60
OMG cant understand you guys, either you have issues with people adding advice, something this forum is supposed to offer

Sod it I will not bother to post and I will **** off and leave you guys to find your own way as obviously you know more than I do and feel I have no place on this forum

Unbelievable the responses from Mephaphil are you for real ??

I was just joshin' you. I agree that some people get picked on a lot irl so they come in here and try to run down less experienced but...equally enthusiastic guitarists, (Metaphil not included, he's ok I think). If you stick with giving OPINIONS on things you have experience with and LEARNING some of the things you'd like to have experience with (and check out the "Who to listen to" thread), you'll get along much better.
When you can have a level conversation with Cathbard about tube amp specs, then you can give out advice. Until then, haters are gonna hate so get over it.