Hi there,

Last week my favourite semi-accoustic guitar (Epiphone Riviera P93) fell out of my guitar strap straight onto the ground. Leaving a little crack in the lower body, after this horrifying event I decided to look into a strap lock solution. I got a pair of Schaller Security Locks, but the problem is that I glued in the original bottom strap button with quite a bit of Pattex glue about a month ago, because it came loose. I haven't tried to get the screw back out because I'm not sure if it will ever come loose again without damaging the guitar. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by cilissen.m at Jul 24, 2013,
If you can not get the screw out, you can get something like the planet waves locking strap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You can try melting the glue with a heat gun or a soldering iron to loosen it up.

That's really all you can do besides drilling it out or twisting so hard you break the the seal.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Just unscrew it, don't think theres any way any glue would hold up against the torque
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Just use a rubber washer around the strap button on top of the strap. I use that on almost all my guitars and never had a problem. I bought a fifteen pack for around 5 bucks on ebay. I just checked on ebay look up black rubber guitar washers you get ten for five bucks.
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers