I want to record some ambient djent stuff. Do you know any tools for programming drum rythms (I would need also record with metrum like 5/4 or 7/8) ? Second thing is keyboard sound generator, i want something easy for chords programming. The tool could be for mac os and for windows as well.
Quote by johnson84
I want to record some ambient djent stuff. Do you know any tools for programming drum rythms (I would need also record with metrum like 5/4 or 7/8) ? Second thing is keyboard sound generator, i want something easy for chords programming. The tool could be for mac os and for windows as well.

You can do both of these things in FL Studio. There's a whole variety of plugins and stuff.

Heres an example :

The only program I used was FL Studio 8. There are tons of tutorials on Youtube, so just sit down when you have some time and check a few of them out and get experimenting !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avz0trRB5Vo
Last edited by Ezkaton66 at Jul 24, 2013,
Hydrogen drums should do nicely, it's free. Like any drum software it'll be easier if you have some basic understanding

Don't worry about the built-in sounds, you can just load it into a DAW and use a free VST library.
Reaper, Komplete Free, that Sennheiser drum pack Kyle posted and some other free VST synths should get you going...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
i checked Hydrogen drums, but it seems it cannot do triolets. Do you know any other tool which can. I can also program drums in GuitarPro but I am not sure if there is possible to load good drum sample to GP.
Quote by johnson84
i checked Hydrogen drums, but it seems it cannot do triolets. Do you know any other tool which can. I can also program drums in GuitarPro but I am not sure if there is possible to load good drum sample to GP.

Check again. I haven't used it in years, but I'm pretty sure it had triplets.
If you have good drum samples already, just use a DAW like Reaper to load them into sampler tracks, and program/import midi into there.
A drum programming software that can't do triplets? Yeah, I don't think so.

Hydrogen is pretty impressive once you get into it, maybe check out some tutorials or something. Hell, I'd even be happy to run your finished MIDI file through a nice drum library if all the VST stuff is a bit complicated for you.