I bought an old Hondo II which I love. However I hate one of the previous owners. Because they scratched a cross into the guitar.

I recently had a deep scratch wet sanded out of my car. I was wondering if this could be sanded out? Also the D string tuner peg rattles sometimes like when I hit an open bass string. On my newer guitars when I had this problem a simple twist of a screw would fix it. But the peg it's self is lose I don't know how to fix that or even if it is fixable?

Does the volume and tone knobs look original? The pictures of the ones that I saw on google didn't seem to have them.

Another thing I love about it is the frets. I don't know they just seem smoother and play faster. Even the brand new guitars that I have don't have these quality of frets. Have they been treated or polished or are they just made of better material?

Thanks
Quote by blindsagacity
Don't compromise what you want just because the other option is easier. That's how people get stuck with fat chicks.

Love it
_________
Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Jul 24, 2013,
Sorry my phone went stupid on me and it posted it 2 times.
Last edited by Freddiez79 at Jul 24, 2013,
Quote by Freddiez79
Sorry my phone went stupid on me and it posted it 2 times.

You don't have to apologize I had to fight like hell to get those pictures posted. I have never tried using a phone to post pictures before.
Quote by blindsagacity
Don't compromise what you want just because the other option is easier. That's how people get stuck with fat chicks.

Love it
_________
Looks like its down into the sealer. You'll have to have a spot refinish done. I'd leave the wear at the edge of the lower bout though.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jul 24, 2013,
you could make it into a kite (or something else if you're clever)

about the rattling tuners.. they're not the ones with the hex nut? if there's nothing to tighten, you might need to replace it, unless you want to open it up and see if there's something you can fix..
Maybe a cool sticker or some kind of car badge or someting. Or fill the crack and get an artistically inclined person to do some custom painting there.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by Ibbod0
you could make it into a kite (or something else if you're clever)

Nicely done sir
Quote by blindsagacity

Love it
_________
A paint shop might be able to match the color and you can try to drop fill the scratch wet sand and buff, but it may never match perfectly.
Don't know about the scratch but don't worry about the tone/volume knobs. I've got what seems to be the same model Hondo II in white and it's the exact same
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
A white one, I would like to see it do you have a picture? How do you remove the volume & tone knobs? I tried just pulling up to remove them just like almost ever guitar I have except those allen wrench set screw types.

Also how can you tell what year it is? I can't find a serial number.
Quote by blindsagacity

Love it
_________
Quote by YouWantToKillME
A white one, I would like to see it do you have a picture? How do you remove the volume & tone knobs? I tried just pulling up to remove them just like almost ever guitar I have except those allen wrench set screw types.

Also how can you tell what year it is? I can't find a serial number.

Knob puller from Steward Macdonald

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for_Electronics,_pickups/Knob_Puller.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=766
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags

OR just use a string. Stick it in between the body and the knob and pull. OR wrap some cheese cloth around it and then use pliers on that. Both are dirt cheap in comparison.
You should be able to open up the casing on the tuner if it's closed back , then on the bit that you turn, there should be two metal tabs that are holding it to the rest of the tuner. You should be able to get a pair of pliers and close those up a bit, then the rattling should stop.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.