Right I'm terrible at this stuff, so please bare with me and here we go.

A backing to a solo in a song are these chords:

(Drop C tuning, 2 bars of each chord played at 8th notes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
----10------------------------------------------------------------------
----10------------------------------------------------------------------
----8----------8----------5----------7---------------------------------
----8----------5----------6----------8---------------------------------
----8----------5----------8---------10--------------------------------

I get confused in drop C for scales etc, and over power chords I know you can play either major or minor scales over the top because there's no 3rd degree, just whatever fits the song. BUT these aren't power chords so as the narrow minded metal head I am I get stumped as to what I can do and what key they're in.

This is a metal song, so anything you think'll fit over it please let me know what scale and where to play it, and what the key of it all is in.

I hope that explains enough, I'm useless with all this stuff.

Cheers!
G#Maj7 Fminor C#Major second inversion D# second inversion. Those are the chords and they move in I vi IV V. So, the G# Major Scale would be the best sounding scale for you to play, but you shouldn't strictly stick to just that scale and try to mess around with different intervals to see if you can find a sound you like.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
AbMaj7 Fminor DbMajor second inversion Eb second inversion. Those are the chords and they move in I vi IV V. So, the Ab Major Scale would be the best sounding scale for you to play, but you shouldn't strictly stick to just that scale and try to mess around with different intervals to see if you can find a sound you like.

Fixed. There's really no such thing as G# major (it would have double sharps so it would be a lot more reasonable to say it's in Ab major that has only four flats instead of six sharps and a double sharp). But whatever.

TS, just look at the notes in the chords. Learn the note names and how to build chords and you don't need to ask these questions. Also train your ear so that you can figure out the progression only by listening to it. I-iv-IV-V is one of the most common progressions.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Fixed. There's really no such thing as G# major (it would have double sharps so it would be a lot more reasonable to say it's in Ab major that has only four flats instead of six sharps and a double sharp). But whatever.

TS, just look at the notes in the chords. Learn the note names and how to build chords and you don't need to ask these questions. Also train your ear so that you can figure out the progression only by listening to it. I-iv-IV-V is one of the most common progressions.

I had just woken up when I wrote that. I wasn't thinking about the enharmonic values, soz.