When your in this tuning do you still play as if your in drop d kind of like you do with Eb tuning with standard or do you move everything half a step?
It's tuned the same why as drop D, but it's lower. That's it. An open power chord will be a Db5 as opposed to a D5 in Drop D. It's just a half step lower. Why would you think it's any more complicated than that?
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone
If you are tuned to E standard and want to play an F5 power chord with the octave then you would play it with 1st fret 6th string 3rd fret 5th string and 3rd fret 4th string. If you tuned to drop D and played this chord then you would play it by barring the 3rd fret on 6th, 5th, and 5th strings. If you tuned to drop C# then you would simply move the bar onto the 4th fret. That any help?
I understand how it works lol I'm just asking when some people play in Eb they play a c or a g chord ect... As if the were still in standard they just drop half step to give it the darker sound I was just wondering if y'all do that with drop c# still just play like your in drop d
That's how I use it I was just taking others opinions on the matter
Quote by Konnekt2
I understand how it works lol I'm just asking when some people play in Eb they play a c or a g chord ect... As if the were still in standard they just drop half step to give it the darker sound I was just wondering if y'all do that with drop c# still just play like your in drop d
That's how I use it I was just taking others opinions on the matter

I'm sure plenty of people do that since it's a different chord. It looks like a power chord in standard, but in a drop tuning it serves a different function.
Despite the confusing nature of the wording, I'm pretty sure the answer to the original question is yes. Most bands playing in drop tunings below D play in exactly the same manner as they would if they were in drop D. It's just a timbre thing, drop C/B/Z have a deeper and more resonant sound compared with drop D which is desirable for the kind of bands who play in those tunings.
Yeah basically it's just so when I write songs in db in the key of say d I would just everything open for a d power chord as if it were drop d oven though it's a db power chord
Quote by Konnekt2
Yeah basically it's just so when I write songs in db in the key of say d I would just everything open for a d power chord as if it were drop d oven though it's a db power chord

uhhhh. If you're in Drop Db tuning and you want to play a D power chord on the low strings, you would play on the first fret. Because that's where D is in that tuning. Changing tunings changes where the notes are.
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone