Just wondering, not planning on buying one. Which one's good for punk music with lots of distortion? (Since there are so awfully many of them)
Last edited by juliusxxrock at Jul 24, 2013,
one of the ones with a bridge humbucker
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by juliusxxrock
Just wondering, not planning on buying one. Which one's good for punk music with lots of distortion? (Since there are so awfully many of them)

One with humbuckers.

http://www.fender.com/en-NO/series/blacktop/blacktop-stratocaster-hh-rosewood-fingerboard-black

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/american-special-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst
Bridge P90 models work, too. So do singlecoils. Do a search for punk rock + Strats, and you'll find all kinds.

Any guitar an do the job with the right amp and pedals.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 24, 2013,
Any of them, punk is about being loud and agressive so any guitar would hypothetically do.
I'M FAT!!!!
Literally any guitar works for punk sounds. People think it has to be humbuckers, but look at Jim Adkins from Jimmy Eat World. He plays a semi-hollow Tele with P-90s.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I find it funny that people think there are specific guitars for punk.

Punk isn't about specifics, it's about doing what you can with what you have. DIY.

If you want to emulate a particular guitarist, that's a different story but guitars for punk? Anything and everything, that's the beauty of it.
Quote by Mephaphil
Punk isn't about specifics, it's about doing what you can with what you have. DIY.

If you want to emulate a particular guitarist, that's a different story but guitars for punk? Anything and everything, that's the beauty of it.

This!

Just pick up a guitar, plug it in, make it loud and just ****ing play.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

The one that says Charvel on the headstock.

Just make sure you have a bridge humbucker and you will be fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The one that says Charvel on the headstock.

Just make sure you have a bridge humbucker and you will be fine

As much as I generally agree with you, this time I have to say I don't!

Any guitar really is fine. It's punk. You think Joe Strummer ever pondered the configuration when recording White Riot? Nah.

It don't matter, brother!
Almost any strat. My £80 jaxville strat and my £30 amp can play punk.
Quote by Mephaphil
As much as I generally agree with you, this time I have to say I don't!

Any guitar really is fine. It's punk. You think Joe Strummer ever pondered the configuration when recording White Riot? Nah.

It don't matter, brother!

I couldn't disagree more. Punk is a wide genre of music, you damn sure would not use single coils/p-90's to play Strung Out or Pour Habit now would you

So many people equate punk to the shity ass sounds of the Sex Pistols/Ramones but since the late 80's Punk started getting more technical and heavier ex: Pennywise,NOFX,Lagwagon,Good Riddance,ect. These bands have very good tone and it is not from playing what ever is lying around
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
OTOH, you'll find singlecoils and P90s on recordings by The Ramones, Black Flag and The Clash.

Punk isn't about the pickups, its about what you do with them.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
OTOH, you'll find singlecoils and P90s on recordings by The Ramones, Black Flag and The Clash.

Punk isn't about the pickups, its about what you do with them.

Yes I know you will, but what I'm saying is there is punk that single coils and p-90's would not be my choice at all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There's an ultimate preference, yea. But I'm just saying that the ethos of it is that being strict about it is against the ethos. You can use anything, it don't matter!

But whatever.
Get whatever Strat feels nice to you and is within your budget. The amp will play a big part in your sound as well but I'm not going to bring that up...

You may need to change your amp to get any kind of "good" tone, imo.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I didn't see it in your profile under "equipment/gear". My bad.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by juliusxxrock
Shit, I didn't ask for a lesson about punk, just wondered what strat suited best for punk music

You got your answer.

"Any."