Hey guys, Quick question for you. I have a few pedals I was hoping to get some help with. I have the Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal, Boss C-3 Compression Sustainer, and the MXR M-108 Ten Band Graphic EQ. I play Skate Punk, Pop Punk styled music. Pennywise, Descendents, Early Blink ect. I was wondering what you suggest to put the settings at to get that type of sound? Also, what setting would I put my amp at to get that sound? I have the Marshall DSL 40 Combo.

Sorry, Im new to all of this. I just play lol. So any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
*reported* for being in the wrong forum. This is not a technique issue.

Don't go starting a thread in GG&A though, try the ultimate settings thread if it still exists. If not... try messing about with your amp, you should be able to get a perfectly good tone out of just your guitar and amp for what you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
When I cover Bad Religion or NoFX (both Cali-punk), I tend to go for a nice crunchy 'fuzzy' gain with my my highs and mids in the middle with my lows upped a little. I'm a huge fan of Gibson-esque guitars for punk music, their lows always sound really mean, while the highs still soar just right.
i would think the dsl-40 would give you all the distortion you'd need by itself.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Just turn the amp volume up to 11.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire