I have quite long arms and my right shoulder (picking hand) is constantly cramping up because I have to bring my shoulder forward to have my hand in the correct place when sitting down. Any solutions?
Change the position of the guitar, not your body. I have long arms as well and have no such issues.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
How do you play? Is the guitar horizontal on one leg or diagonal between your legs? Or something different?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
How do you play? Is the guitar horizontal on one leg or diagonal between your legs? Or something different?

Horizontal

I've tried diagonal inbetween my legs and my shoulder is much better but the rest of my body isnt comfortable then lol.
Quote by redd9
Horizontal

I've tried diagonal inbetween my legs and my shoulder is much better but the rest of my body isnt comfortable then lol.

Switch to the 'classical' posture, it will become comfortable in time. It's also much closer to how the guitar sits when you're standing up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Switch to the 'classical' posture, it will become comfortable in time. It's also much closer to how the guitar sits when you're standing up.

Ok i'll try it since i'm about to have a practice session. Thanks
It makes it easier if your foot has something to rest on. Find something solid that's 6" to a foot I'd say and put your left foot on it. Or right if you're a lefty.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'm in my schools production band, and i'm always sitting down when I play guitar, so I'm a bit crammped. And about after an hour my shoulder starts hurting real bad
this probably isn't much help, sorry. :T
-Let the led out-
Hey focus on relaxing your arm, while you're just playing random stuff.. so don't think about what you're playing - focus only on relaxing your arm.

Do this for like 10-20 minutes per day and then pretty soon it'll start feeling really natural and you won't have problems