Hey there,

So I am a machinist and I wanted to machine some parts for my Strats. No particular reason, just think it would be cool to have a guitar with all my own parts on it. The one thing I am looking into is the bridge plate. I don't want to have to machine the entire tremolo system - just the plate, since that will be the only thing visible on the guitar. Once I get the machine up and running, I want to machine a few for some friends and family that play.

My question is - what do I have to be concerned about when machining the plate? I have a standard MIM Strat bridge plate that I am going to base my piece on, but I want to make sure it fits other tremolo systems as well.

I guess the questions actually is - what different model strats will the MIM Bridge Plate fit on? How versatile is that bridge plate? Will that bridge plate screw into the majority of base castings in the tremolo system?

Thanks,

John
Quote by bjohnserritella
I guess the questions actually is - what different model strats will the MIM Bridge Plate fit on?

Somewhere between some and none. If you want a really good answer you're gonna need a specific part name/number.

I don't doubt there are probably some variations within it's own field as well.
The main variables would be string spacing and mounting screw locations. Wilkinson get around the mounting screw issues on some of their trems by having one round hole and the rest of them as slots.