The questions aren't really related.

I'm wanting to be able to set up my pedalboard in order to do delay swells. I have a couple delay pedals (in sig) and a volume pedal, and was wondering how to chain them to achieve this. I currently have my volume pedal and delays in the effects loop but I can't swell the effects. So... volume pedal in front of the amp and delays in the loop?

Also, where would the optimal placement for my looper be to get affected by all of my effects? In the effects loop? Or going right before my amp?

And lastly, I have a friend who lent me his Behringer DD100 delay to fix it. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I see it as a learning experience. I just know that there is no sound but the LED does come on. Does anyone have any advice for this? Or know somewhere that I could find a schematic for it? I'm assuming one of the solders came undone.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long title.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Volume pedal before delays for swells. I don't know about loop vs. in front. Try both ways and see.

If you want the effects to be recorded into the loops, put the looper last. If you want to have the loop playing and then change the effects on it, put the looper first.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Man, for once my experience playing relatively ambient music every now and then actually pays off on UG.

If you're going for swells and you like the sound of your delays through the FX loop, leave those there. You hit the nail on the head already though. You need to run your volume pedal in front of your amp. And now a short lesson on why.

The way amps work, on the most basic level, is pretty simple. You send signal into a pre-amp, which then sends signal to a power amp, and then through a series of magic and with the help of small, heat resistant elves, your signal comes out of the power amp, into a transformer, and out into the speakers. FX loops are open signal paths that run between the pre-amp and the power amp. The idea here is that modulation effects sound better when they are effecting amplified signal going in rather than sending effected signal into the amplifier itself. That's not entirely right, but it kind of works.

In other words, the FX loop is a signal path that runs between the pre-amp and power amp sections of your amplifier. Technically speaking, you could run the volume pedal in the FX loop if it were ahead of the delays in the signal path, but I personally prefer ahead of the pre-amp.

Swell on.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Delays in loop. Volume pedal in front. Looper at the end. That's what I do.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The way I got it to work now is:
FX: Volume -> Flanger -> Digital delay -> Analog Delay -> Looper.
and:
Guitar -> Wah -> Fuzz -> Overdrive -> Amp.

PS: Having a tuner out on a volume pedal is genius.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by LaidBack
Delays in loop. Volume pedal in front. Looper at the end. That's what I do.

+1
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae