Page 1 of 2
Basically what the thread title says. A lot of things we enjoy as kids we tend to dismiss when we grow older as childish or stupid. I want to know what things in your life you still find legitimately good and not just because of nostalgia.

As for me, I'm still a huge gamer and enjoy (hell, prefer) Nintendo. I still love Pokemon, too. And as we speak I'm watching Animaniacs.
I've watched football ever since the day my parents brought me home from the hospital and I watched the historic superbowl between the Rams and Titans
Murder
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by genghisgandhi
Van Morrison

i would do Van Morrison to all of his glorious music
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Spongebob
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by genghisgandhi
Van Morrison

that actually does remind me of my childhood a lot
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't really know, now that I think of it. Anime, I guess.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I still have a Space Jam talking poster and rug
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Reading, internet, and (rarely) fishing/hiking.

I just realized how weird it would be to knock on a random adult's door and ask if they want to climb trees or jump on a trampoline. They would probably say "ohhhh I get it" and return in a robe with a bag of weed.
Still love reading, and have a strong interest in science.

Ironically, as I progressed through school, I started enjoying reading and science less. It was only until after highschool, when I started University that I started enjoying reading and science again. Pre-secondary schooling really does pound out your curiosity and interest in any subject that you take in it.
Quote by Good_Lord
Floor is lava.

If you never played 'the floor is lava' as a child, it meant you were either lame or not poor.

Either way, it sucked for you, because that game is the best thing ever.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Cartoons, drawing comics, building models, video games, pillow forts, Pokemon, pick up games of baseball or hockey, etc.

I honestly haven't changed much. It's somewhat sad. But at the same time I miss pretending the tub was a ocean and playing with boats.
Zelda and Pokémon. They'll always have a place in my heart. I don't buy games anymore, unless its one of these
Quote by DukeDeRox
Cartoons, drawing comics, building models, video games, pillow forts, Pokemon, pick up games of baseball or hockey, etc.

I honestly haven't changed much. It's somewhat sad. But at the same time I miss pretending the tub was a ocean and playing with boats.

That's not sad at all.

C.S. Lewis - "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

That's a quote I live by. I know what I like and like what I know, and don't care what anyone else thinks about my interests.

Nostalgia is a powerful drug, and at the same time if you long for things from your childhood there's probably a reason other than you just miss it.
Besides various digital media and obvious things like eating, I don't really like anything from my childhood. I can't even really enjoy video games anymore.
Last edited by AmalgamOfMeat at Jul 25, 2013,
Poking cow shit with a stick and then telling some stupid kid it was chocolate.
Quote by AmalgamOfMeat
I can't even really enjoy video games anymore.

See to me this sounds like the 9th layer of hell
Page 1 of 2