Hi, Im selling my Peavey XXL 212 to go with something a little bit smaller.

Either Head + 1x12 or a 1x12 Combo.

I play from rock to metal. I was using only Modern Channel on the XXL with a Delay in the loop.

Price range is under 800$.

Was thinking about a Vypyr 30 or maybe a used ENGL Gigmaster 15/30.

I use a Zoom G3 to play with headphones.

Thanks.

-----
Budget? - Under 800$.

Genres? - Metal, Rock.

New or Used? - Used or New

Home or Gig? - Home or with friends.

Closest City? - Ottawa, Canada.

Current Gear? - Jackson DKMG with EMG 81/85, Peavey XXL 212, Zoom G3.
Last edited by whdemon at Jul 25, 2013,
Where in the world are you? Assuming not America if you have $800 but you're considering a Vypyr 30.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Where in the world are you? Assuming not America if you have $800 but you're considering a Vypyr 30.

I'm in canada.

It's just that I have a wide budget. I heard some good reviews about these modelers.
Go for a Tube 60 version. Lubs mine. It's super loud if I want it to be, but I can also bring it down to whisper volumes for late night.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Ippon
Have you tried the Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36W? 3-channel 112 combo, used is around what you have, in very nice condition. Goes 36, 18, 5, 1, 0W.

This one might be hard to find used in canada. I haven't tried the amp in store since it was above my budget. I know that the 18Watts version was a little low on gain for my taste.
Quote by Eppicurt
Go for a Tube 60 version. Lubs mine. It's super loud if I want it to be, but I can also bring it down to whisper volumes for late night.

+311
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'll throw out an Orange Dark Terror as well. Just one channel though.
This is the life we must choose.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
Quote by NosralTserrof
I really want one of those haha.

Isn't the builder on here as someone?

I think so. I'm not 100% sure, I just know I found Baron amps through this site.
This is the life we must choose.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm surprised that a big arm hasn't appeared out of the amp and slapped you across the face.
+1 for the Snott Watt. There really aren't many such small amps that can handle metal that well. And apparently as I just saw you can even use it without a cab! Man I want one too now.

I don't know for what purpose is this intented but I generally only recommend small amps to people when weight/portability is an issue. Perhaps when you need power tube distortion too but this is entirely subjective.
Last edited by Sethis at Jul 25, 2013,
Check out the 20 watters from Stiff amps. Ton of gain, sound great at low volume, effects loop, 2 channels.

You may want to look at the Randall RD5 too.
Last edited by Grawgos at Jul 25, 2013,
Do you have an Ipod/Iphone/Ipad? Line6 has a great amp app and the adapter is like $75. Plug your headphones in and jam away.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Get a Micro Terror. A solid state power amp is great for bedroom playing. Not like you’re gonna be pushing for power tube distortion anyway.
Quote by Auriemma
Do you have an Ipod/Iphone/Ipad? Line6 has a great amp app and the adapter is like $75. Plug your headphones in and jam away.

I already have a device to play with headphones. ^^
to return to your original question, the ENGL gigmaster is not well known but it is an amazing amp, I would recommend it any time
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)