Hello, i have amplitube 3 and i want to do a cover to little wing,
but i dont find the right sound for that.
can anyone here give me an amp and the right pedals for little wing?
on amplitube 3!!!
many thanks!
What expansion packs do you have for it? Or do you only have the "free library"?
Quote by AmirT
What expansion packs do you have for it? Or do you only have the "free library"?

I have the metal, slash, fender, and of course, Hendrix.
but i dont like the hendrix expansion.
my problem is that actually when i pick more then 1 string it's sound is terrible,
but when i pick only one string it sounds great.
the most teribble sound coming when i do
---12---
---12---
---12---
---12---
---------
---------
at the start of the solo, this sounds of that 4 strings is like stack of sh*t.
Amplitube is notorious for having loads of terrible unnecessary effects, so start going through each tab and shut off all of the effects they've turned on, until it's just the amp and cab. Then turn things on as necessary. That should clean it up considerably!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by ygil1234
I have the metal, slash, fender, and of course, Hendrix.
but i dont like the hendrix expansion.
my problem is that actually when i pick more then 1 string it's sound is terrible,
but when i pick only one string it sounds great.
the most teribble sound coming when i do
---12---
---12---
---12---
---12---
---------
---------
at the start of the solo, this sounds of that 4 strings is like stack of sh*t.

You probably have to lower the input volume and don't do nuts with gain/OD/fuzz/volume.. Add compressors, etc. these are very helpfull

I get good cleans and distorted sounds.

I'll try to mimic the Little Wing tone, will post the preset since I know what packs you have.

just for some extra "knowledge", it is said that Jimi played it through a Leslie cabinet , flying V with p90 and a Plexi.. I don't know how plausible/verifyable this is

btw, what guitar you playing with?
Last edited by AmirT at Jul 25, 2013,
Sorry for the bad playing, it's 34°C degrees here

Left pan is me playing, right pan is orignal song a half tone higher because I didn't want to downtune my guitar. It's played with a Mustang Pawn Shop Special, so the pickups sound different, I can't mimick the 4th neck-middle position of a Strat 100%, this is as close as it gets.
https://soundcloud.com/mramr/little-wing

Here's the link, adjust the delay and reverb to your own taste
They used lot's of compressors (like, compressor on compressor on compressor) back in the days, that's what I've read though. Although, again, that fat tone may come from P90 pickups. Many artists use different instruments on studio recordings than on live performances.
http://speedy.sh/5kpU8/Little-Wing.at3p

Have fun!
Last edited by AmirT at Jul 25, 2013,