Page 1 of 2
http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

Quote by DigitalSpy
Dredd has launched an official petition for a sequel.

Hosted on the 2000 AD website, the petition gives fans an opportunity to voice their desire to see a follow-up to 2012's Dredd 3D.

Star Karl Urban has said that fans need to make themselves heard if they want to see another movie.

Dredd soared straight to the top of the UK box office, but struggled in the US.

Its DVD/Blu-ray release found success on both sides of the pond, and recently experienced a new spike after the sequel was rumoured.

"It's certainly my hope that we get to make more," said Urban at San Diego Comic-Con International over the weekend.

He had previously said that Dredd 2 was "not off the agenda".

2000 AD has been teasing a comic book sequel to the events of the film.

Get it signed people!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Dredd 2 and 3 needs to happen. Dredd was a hell of a lot better than expected, and after reading about what 2 and 3 would be about (Dredd/Mega City One origin story followed by Judge Death, and exploring Dredd's fascism), I'd really look forward to the films.
I can't remember a single time when petitions on the Internet did something.
Quote by Masquirina
Honestly never heard of Dredd.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Well it apparently bombed in the US. So which country has better action movie taste?

HEATED ARGUMENTS COMMENCE
Quote by Masquirina
Well it apparently bombed in the US. So which country has better action movie taste?

HEATED ARGUMENTS COMMENCE

The UK obviously has better taste. This is the Dredd we needed, but not the one we deserved. It was a hell of a lot grittier than the Stallone abortion.
Quote by Zaqq

They made Microsoft change their policies bout the Xbox One
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
They made Microsoft change their policies bout the Xbox One

No, the petitions didn't do anything. It was the obvious realization that Sony picked up the ball they dropped and ran with it.

They didn't even consider reversing the policies until after the massive bitch slapping they they received at E3.
I don't give a crap about this garbage. Stallone was the only damned Judge Dredd. Respect the badge.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Sorry but the Dredd movie didn't make enough money in North America to warrant a sequel. Turns out most Americans don't know who the **** Dredd is or really care that he's a satire on American action heroes.
I am in full support of this. I also hope the Robocop remake will not be shitty. (It will be)
So this is some spoof movie made by Brits that just hates on the US?

I can't imagine why it lost $10 million. I bet they're just drying to make the sequel.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Production Budget: $50 million
= Worldwide: $35,626,525

It lost 14ish million dollars, based on boxoffice numbers. That doesn't factor in DVD sales, but the budget doesn't include the worldwide advertising budget either. It probably lost money when both of those factor in.

It was an alright movie, but movies that lose money rarely get sequels.

This is just another reason why people need to shut up about the nerd dollar. You need the general public on your side if you're going to make money, not just the nerds.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Zaqq

Serenity was made solely on DVD sales of Firefly and fan petitions. It's happened before.

I signed the shit out of this. Dredd was great.
lol why would i sign that when i can just not sign it
you're a stone fox
I'm a fan of 2000 AD and especially Judge Dredd, which is why I won't be signing this petition. Dredd just can't work as a live-action film, maybe if we were talking about an animated series (a gritty one, more Akira than Spider Man), but Dredd just does not work as live-action.

Unless they did something like twenty films there's no way they could fully explore Mega-City One and all the aspects of Dredd's character, as well as all the other characters who have important influence over him. It's probably one of the most complicated serialised comic IPs in existence, and so far both film versions have just been cheap action films that completely miss the point of the comic books. So no deal.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Disagree. Dredd was a fantastic representation of the character and a cut above 95% of action films. They can't do anything more with the world or characters without another film, so how exactly do you know they won't be able to do anything justice without being given the chance?
Quote by BelowTheSun
Serenity was made solely on DVD sales of Firefly and fan petitions. It's happened before.

I signed the shit out of this. Dredd was great.

No, It wasn't:

The film is based on Firefly, a television series canceled by the Fox Broadcasting Company in December 2002, after 11 of its 14 produced episodes had aired.[11] When attempts to have another network acquire the show failed, creator Joss Whedon attempted to sell it as a film. Through a business connection, he was introduced to Mary Parent with Universal Studios, who immediately signed on after watching the episodes on DVD.[11] By June 2003, actors Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin confirmed the deal on the official Firefly forum, as did Whedon in several interviews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(film)
I love Dread, but do we really need another one of him?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
You think the studio would have agreed to make it if it had just been Joss and that one person saying they should do it? The ground support made Universal think it could work, that's why it was made. Joss has said several times Serenity wouldn't have been made without the fan support.
It was alright, I suppose I will sign for ya'll's sake.

It was nice to see Cersie Lannister get tossed off a building.

The Raid was better.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by Toadvine

The Raid was better.

The main thing that was better about The Raid was that it satisfied my pretentiousness to be reading subtitles and shit.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
The Raid was better than Dredd, but that's already getting a sequel so no need for petitions
Quote by Shabalaba
Dredd was meh.

What did all of you love about it?

Part of the appeal for me was that this was (almost) a day in the life of Dredd. There was no overarching uber-nemesis like Rico in the Stallone version, or The League of Shadows in the Dark Knight trilogy. Sure, the situation doesn't happen every day, but it was Dredd doing his job, rather than a whole save the city/earth/universe thing.
Oh yes, I'm well behind this! Didn't expect much of Dredd and was more than pleasantly surprised! The film well deserves an inferior sequel and subsequent direct-to-DVD-with-different-actor third, ala Robocop!
Quote by BelowTheSun
You think the studio would have agreed to make it if it had just been Joss and that one person saying they should do it? The ground support made Universal think it could work, that's why it was made. Joss has said several times Serenity wouldn't have been made without the fan support.

Yes, someone gave "Sharknado" the green light.

Secondly, it didn't "work" because it cost $39 mil and only made $38 mil.

General rule, a movie has to make twice it's budget back to be successful. Marketing and promotion are separate from the production budget.

So, the fan support didn't amount to much
Quote by lolmnt
Production Budget: $50 million
= Worldwide: $35,626,525

It lost 14ish million dollars, based on boxoffice numbers. That doesn't factor in DVD sales, but the budget doesn't include the worldwide advertising budget either. It probably lost money when both of those factor in.

It was an alright movie, but movies that lose money rarely get sequels.

This is just another reason why people need to shut up about the nerd dollar. You need the general public on your side if you're going to make money, not just the nerds.

This.

Dredd wasn't even all that great. Sure it was fun and intense at times, but Pacific Rim > Dredd in terms of sequels needing to be made.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
This.

Dredd wasn't even all that great. Sure it was fun and intense at times, but Pacific Rim > Dredd in terms of sequels needing to be made.

Pacific Rim has literally just come out

Besides, there's no logical story to a Pacific Rim sequel. It's better off standing alone. Dredd on the other hand has so, so much it could do. Hell, the writers even have plans for a trilogy.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I don't know what you guys are on about, Dredd was better than The Raid.

This

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by BelowTheSun
I see that and raise you the broken door kill in The Raid.

Bonus GIF: Lena Heady - Still would
Quote by lambofgod127

Page 1 of 2