As most of you know we can simply post youtube videos on the forums now. Problem is there is a limit to how many you can post at once until somebodies computer blows up. Most users probably know this but for the ones who don't listen up:

If a thread is calling for youtube videos:
put them in spoiler tags!

"But Jako, that's to much work!" Grow up.

If you don't know how to spoiler tag videos here's how.

1. Get your link.
2. One here click go advance
3. Paste the link in the text box.
4. Highlight it.
5. Click the little button that says "SPOIL." It's the last little button under the color bar.
6. Click Post.

I have a pretty good internet but as soon as you have 10, hell even 5 youtube videos in one thread my internet gives up. The same thing can be said for massive gif dumps but that is pretty well self managed by that group of users. That's not the case for youtube videos. I've seen plenty of users complain about the performance of this site when there are tons of videos in one thread. How do you fix that? Spoil tag your youtube videos.

Can a mod sticky this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azm20l97V_A

If you've got that much of a problem with it then maybe you should stay away from threads that ask for YT videos. In any other thread, the users only use a YT video every here and there.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 25, 2013,
My question... who thought that it would be a good idea to imbed videos in the first place?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
embedding is way better than having to click on stuff separately

if it makes your computer die get a new one
cat
fedora wanker and spam b causing havok 2k13

now i shall hide this thread before other mongs appear
Why? Spoilers are for putting in revealing plot elements, not youtube videos, so why use them inappropriately? If I can't make a thread in GG&A asking about the lump under my balls then I shouldn't be allowed put a youtube video in a spoiler tag.
Hiding images and videos in spoiler tags does not solve your problem. The images/videos still load on the page but are just hidden from your sight until you open the spoiler.

Also, Youtube embeds shouldn't be loading anything other than the small cover snapshot the same size as a standard image file unless you press 'play'

Although, it may have flash player crash if too many embeds are present and your computer is bad (which is unrelated to your internet speed) and again spoiler tags would not solve anything here other than making the page look tidier.

If they are causing an issue for you, I suggest that you turn off images in your options.

People could post youtube links as direct urls instead of embeds but that misses the whole point of embedding.

Quote by Jako215

Can a mod sticky this?

So, I would only do this if you wish to highlight your severe misunderstanding to the rest of the forum.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
*stuff*

So, I would only do this if you wish to highlight your severe misunderstanding to the rest of the forum.

please do!

Quote by raoooos
fedora wanker and spam b causing havok 2k13

Fedora wanker?
Nice, but I haven't worn a fedora more than a year ago.

But I still think you're cool though.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by theguitarist
Hiding images and videos in spoiler tags does not solve your problem. The images/videos still load on the page but are just hidden from your sight until you open the spoiler.

I probably shouldn't say this in a reply to a mod post, but I know from experience that this is true. I embedded a video like 30 times in one post hidden by spoiler tags, and it still messed up people's internet
Quote by Ichikurosaki
UG seems to auto embed direct URL's tho

When you go to Advanced Reply you can go to 'Miscellaneous Options' at the bottom and un-check 'Automatically parse links in text'
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
If they are causing an issue for you, I suggest that you turn off images in your options.

That doesn't really do anything.

At least not for me.

I've turned off embedding and images (because apparently there's no reason you'd ever want to have those as separate options) and all it does is make images show up as links, have videos I post as links, but still embeds everyone else's videos.

It'd be nice if the Russians could fix it rather than leaving a half-finished function, but I doubt that'd happen.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hmm. Just checked it.

Bit weird. It was working for me in the past.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Lemoninfluence
That doesn't really do anything.

At least not for me.

I've turned off embedding and images (because apparently there's no reason you'd ever want to have those as separate options) and all it does is make images show up as links, have videos I post as links, but still embeds everyone else's videos.

It'd be nice if the Russians could fix it rather than leaving a half-finished function, but I doubt that'd happen.

Same here, and same sentiment.
The only noticeable thing I have is when I load the page, it might be a bit laggy for a few seconds but it doesn't slow my internet down. Its not loading the videos but just the embedded link to it. Only when you click on the video does it start to download more data.

You just need a better PC bro (and I'm not taking the piss as I also need a better one as its having all sorts of problems, some being browser and flash based).
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Jako215

If you don't know how to spoiler tag videos here's how.

1. Get your link.
2. One here click go advance
3. Paste the link in the text box.
4. Highlight it.
5. Click the little button that says "SPOIL." It's the last little button under the color bar.
6. Click Post.

Wrong. Doing it that way will result in this;

What you want to do is paste the YT url and make sure there is a space before and after the url (either using the spacebar or the enter key on either side) so that when you click post the [spoiler] tags won't prevent the [url] tags from appearing. You need the [url] tags for the video to embed. Like so;

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do