Hey guys! So this is kind of strange but I play guitar left handed using a right handed guitar and when I play I always mess with the knobs and turn them down due to them being at the top. I was wondering if there was anyway to keep the knobs from turning down and staying in place while I strum. I was thinking stacking washers underneath the knobs util the knobs do not turn anymore but i would like some other ideas. Help me out!
If you're hitting the knobs when you strum you might want to adjust how you play. Are you playing the righty guitar upside down?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yes I am. I have an Epiphone Semi-hollow body so it has the 4 knobs an i usually mess with the lower 3.
Hmm. I can definitely see how your arm would hit them. How are you holding your guitar?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
mostly horizontal. I tilt it up a little more when i solo so i can see what I'm doing more. and i keep the guitar around my stomach area when i stand up with the strap on and everything.
Quote by resopski21
mostly horizontal. I tilt it up a little more when i solo so i can see what I'm doing more. and i keep the guitar around my stomach area when i stand up with the strap on and everything.

Try classical position and see if that helps.

Like this, but for lefty

Putting your foot on something makes it more comfortable but sometimes I can do without. It gives you more access to upper frets, translates to standing more, and I think it gives much more control. The different angle may help you avoid some knobs.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'll try it out. Thanks! but do you think putting washers under the knobs would be a bad idea? or wedge something in the gap between the knob and the body of the guitar. Or tape lol.
Quote by resopski21
I'll try it out. Thanks! but do you think putting washers under the knobs would be a bad idea? or wedge something in the gap between the knob and the body of the guitar. Or tape lol.

There's just the issue of when you need that knob. Then you never learned how to not hit it.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls