I'm looking to get a new Phaser. I currently run a PH-3 but it's not working for me (tone sucker, additional volume when turned on, etc.) I want a fairly straightforward pedal so that I can use it song after song without having to adjust the settings too much. I've been looking at the EVH Phase 90, ModTone Atomic Phaser, and EHX Nano Small Stone. I want my tone and volume to be preserved and I want it to be aggressive enough to give me good depth on tremolo octaves (think atmospheric post-rock). I fear the ModTone might not have enough depth. What do you guys think? Thanks!
What's your budget? That's going to be the main factor. Considering the ones you've got listed, I'm assuming it's not a huge budget. I'd go with a Phase 90, personally.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'd like to keep it within the mid-100s if possible. I don't want to splurge since I use my phaser minimally but I definitely want to upgrade it. I don't like the base Phase 90 just because I feel it adds volume and distortion to the signal. Do you know if the EVH Phase 90 corrects that?
I have the vintage script version of the phase 90 and have never had the volume/distortion problem. I looked into the small stone as well and to my ears the mxr just sounded better. dunno anything about the atomic
The script seemed to correct that problem but because I'm petty I don't want to get it because it doesn't have a 9V adaptor jack on it. That's why I was thinking EVH?
I don't find that the block Phase 90 adds volume or distortion whatsoever.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by CCrev
The script seemed to correct that problem but because I'm petty I don't want to get it because it doesn't have a 9V adaptor jack on it. That's why I was thinking EVH?

I got an adapter for mine so you can plug it in just like all your other pedals. Didn't notice anything different from when it had batteries in it
Look at the Hardwire Phaser.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
How much is a VFE Enterprise where you are?

Cos they ****ing rule man. Probably my favorite phaser save for the Whetstone, which is out of your price range by a fair bit.