Hey fellow UGers. I've uploaded a couple of songs that I've recorded. They are all works in progress, as they do not have vocals or bass yet. The mixes are clean, but obviously raw. I know my way around Cubase, but I'm not looking to get a studio quality mix if these are just gonna be demos anyway.

Anyway, I just reuploaded one of the songs with a proper solo (the older version had just a placeholder solo). The instrumentals are interesting enough to listen to even without vocals.

I would love to hear your opinions about the songs. Please feel free to comment on this thread as well as on the soundcloud page. I'm not looking for a crit of the mix, just the content of the music.

The link below is for one of the songs "Ascend", but please check out my other recordings as well.

Ascend on Soundcloud

Just FYI, I've noticed a distinct lack of Jewish metal bands (I am Jewish). The lyrics that I've written for these songs will discuss mystical concepts (like Kabbalah), and contain obscure biblical and Talmudical references. Picture it as the Jewish equivalent of bands like Black Sabbath or Lamb of God, who invoke quasi-religious Christian imagery, without actually being a religious band.

Enjoy, and I will C4C.
Last edited by eatfresh1736 at Jul 29, 2013,
eatfresh1736,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune "Ascend": guitar playing is pretty tight, good riffs. Drums fit the style well, though they do sound somewhat machine-like at times. Hard to judge the mix since there is no electric bass: which would fill out the song a lot if done well. I think you are off to a good start, though the song sounds incomplete at this point.
I like it man. There isnt really a generic feel to the riffs which I like. It sounded unique. The drums do sound kinda machine though but thats okay. Not all of us can play drums. :p listen to my stuff man. The link is in my sig. Listen with headphones, itll sound better. Hopefully.
Quote by eatfresh1736

Just FYI, I've noticed a distinct lack of Jewish metal bands (I am Jewish). The lyrics that I've written for these songs will discuss mystical concepts (like Kabbalah), and contain obscure biblical and Talmudical references. Picture it as the Jewish equivalent of bands like Black Sabbath or Lamb of God, who invoke quasi-religious Christian imagery, without actually being a religious band.

Check out Daath. They (at least say they) do that sort of thing. Sometimes. And depending on which singer you're talking about, it's either incredibly dense and opaque quasi-religious stuff, or "PLANE CRAAAASH!!! INTO THE FUCKING OCEAN!!!"
Interesting concept, though. I don't know much about Jewish mysticism, but there's tons of untapped (well, barely tapped if you count that one Therion album) potential for some great topics.
Quote by Cavalcade
Check out Daath.

I'm a huge Daath fan. The first singer has a really unique voice, but my favorite album is The Concealers. Their stuff isn't just heavy, it also has an incredibly dark mood. Eyal Levi is Jewish, and the name Daath is a term used in Kabbalah.