So this came in just as I woke up this morning. Good timing.
Specs:
-EMG MMTW and 40P5 pickups
-Active 3 band EQ
-Maple neck and fretboard
-Swamp Ash body
-45mm nut
-Wilkinson bridge w/ brass saddles
This bass is very nearly mix ready going in. It sounds GIGANTIC. Really good price I got on this one, too.
It came with a dead battery, unfortunately. This was not surprising seeing as it's an 09 model. On that note, HOW IS THIS THING FROM 09 STILL IN STOCK NEW AT MUSICIAN'S FRIEND!? Anyway, dead batteries for EMGs sound like a distorted mess (I was sitting there thinking to myself "wow, this does not sound right, at all. What the hell's going on?"). Replaced it... WOW. This bass sounds HUGE. Not just the low end - the high end is fat and clanky sounding, just the way I like it.
Much easier to play than my old Squier Affinity P bass too, though I suppose that shouldn't be surprising.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I love that finish! Looks great! Did you buy it used?
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Quote by Bones2
I love that finish! Looks great! Did you buy it used?

No, believe it or not! Musician's Friend still has 'em on sale. For really cheap, too!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hnbd!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by oneblackened
No, believe it or not! Musician's Friend still has 'em on sale. For really cheap, too!

Wow! I'd buy one, but I just bought a used Squier strat at GC.
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Beautiful thing! The neck looks pretty thin (in a good way) for a 5 stringer. I'm jealous now
Quote by Zaqq
Beautiful thing! The neck looks pretty thin (in a good way) for a 5 stringer. I'm jealous now

It's actually not super thin. Kinda fender-like in feel. Very much not Ibanez-like.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden