Got this idea from r/letsnotmeet. Basically it's a subreddit where people tell stories of creepy things that happened in their lives.

This is different to the nightmare inducement thread because it's only stories and only things that happened to you (or a friend, someone you know etc.). Real stories.

Here are 2 posts from the subreddit to give you some examples:

In the mid-80s, my mum was a cleaner in Australia. She would do clean houses in suburban areas and would sometimes do houses in rural/wine regions (we lived near both).

She would leave business cards at the local shops and got most of her business this way, and some through referrals and word of mouth.

One day she got a call from a lady who sounded like she was around 60, asking mum to clean her old farmhouse. She made a lot of odd demands and mum would usually meet clients before taking on new business. In this case, the lady did not want to meet mum and said she would leave the keys under the front doormat. Mum agreed mainly because the lady was quite obviously wealthy and was offering to pay mum substantially more than she would reasonably expect.

Mum went to the house on a Monday morning and said she already felt unnerved by the long driveway. The house was essentially in the middle of a very large, and very empty property. She found the keys and started cleaning.

About an hour in to the clean, she hears the back door shut. Mum was told no one would be at the house so she immediately felt unsafe. She stood frozen in the kitchen for what she said felt like 3-4 minutes although she said it could have been much longer. There was no other car on the property.

She wanted to leave immediately but had two rooms left to do, both were bedrooms. She said as time passed and she heard nothing else, she decided that perhaps it was nothing, or perhaps something had fallen and it wasn't the door after all.

She walked up the hallway and stepped into the bedroom. All over the bed were black and white photos. As mum got closer, she realised the photos were all of her. Some where taken at our family home, and many others were taken at other houses mum would clean. Some through windows or over fences.

She used the house phone to call the police and immediately drive to the end of the driveway. The lady ended up being investigated but continued to claim that it was a break-in. After some time, the police stopped with their searching and we ended up moving to a new town 4 months later.

Every time mum tells me this story I get serious chills. Absolutely a true story too. To the day my mum thinks the lady had something to do with it. But why? And for what purpose? Any theories?

About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I've always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.

I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.

It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a week night, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.

I turned down a short side street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each "box" with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back... and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move.

Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn't tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than 10 seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What the **** do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper, "What the fuu…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

I lived in that city for six months after that night, and I never went out for another walk. There was something about his face that always haunted me. He didn't look drunk, he didn't look high. He looked completely and utterly insane. And that's a very, very scary thing to see.

Being the TS, I wish I had something proper creepy to contribute of my own. All I can think of was when I had been living in this town around 4 years, I was around 8 or 9, and I made some new friends from an area of the town I had never been before. One day I went up there with one of my friends because he needed to get something from his house or some shit. I waited outside and for whatever reason I decided to stand on top of this rock thing that has the name of the estate on it, just outside my friends house.

After standing there for around 5 minutes this guy comes out of one of the surrounding houses and strolls over to me. He in his late 40s or early 50s, fat, and wearing a filthy grey suit. He also has this ridiculously jolly demeanor about him, and an almost exaggerated smile.

So he strolls up to me and he's like "Hiya, how are you?" and stuff, and me being 8 I'm just like "uhh .. fine". Then he's like "you look like a statue standing there haha" and I'm like "ehm .. ha ...". He starts asking me where I'm from and shit, just being really jolly and talky. After a bit he goes to me "hey do you wanna come into my house for a cup of tea or something?". Immediately I feel super nervous and I'm just like "uhh ... ehm ... n-no thanks", and he keeps going on about how he just wants to chat and shit and because it's cold outside.

In the middle of this my friends finally comes out of his house and looks at the two of us very confused. I get down off the rock and just walk away alongside my friend.

I never really told anybody, but over the following years I learned that everyone called the guy "Fat John" and apparently he was a pedophile. I assumed these were just rumours and the guy was probably just weird (my town is no strangers to weirdos) and then sure enough, a few years later the police busted down his front door and arrested him. And apparently the walls of his house were covered in photos of naked children that they had to "scrape off" (I remember that detail).

Each of you must have had experienced something creepy like this in your life. Share!
Here's another post from the subreddit

I've been lurking here for a while and I have so many creepy encounters, it's like I'm a creep magnet. This one is the most recent, so I thought I'd tell it first. For reference, I'm 19 and female.

I take care of my two nieces once a week for a full day. One of them is four and the other is two. They're both pretty as a picture with blonde hair and blue eyes and it's not uncommon for someone to comment on how cute they are, although usually they're female commenters. One day I took them both down to the park. We usually do this as the park is quiet, but not deserted, so it gives me some time to just sit while they play. This day in particular there were a few extra families there, since it was a pupil free day at school. I was keeping a close eye on the girls since I'm naturally cautious and this subreddit has gotten to me a bit (thank you for that!!).

The older girl (K) wanted to play on the swings while her sister (T) wanted to play on the slide on the other side of the park. Usually I would let them split up, but since there were a lot of people I wanted to keep them together. I told K that we would play on the slide first, know that T usually gets tired out after that. So we play on the slide for a while and sure enough, T got tired and wanted to sit with me for a while. I took a seat near the swings to watch K playing. T curled up on my lap and starts to doze.

As I'm sitting there a man approaches me, probably in his mid- to late-twenties. He seems pretty normal, tall, kinda cute, blonde, blue eyes, the whole package. He sits down next to me and asks if T is mine. I tell him she's my niece.

He asks if K is mine and I tell him also my niece. At this point I'm not getting any bad vibes. I'll admit I was checking him out a little. He tells me how beautiful the girls are "Like little angels" and I ask him if he has a kid here. He says he likes watching them. A red flag went off in my head. I thought maybe he's some kind of behaviorist or something, so I ask what he does for a living. He gives me this weird smile and doesn't answer, but says "Nice to see you." and walks away. I'm feeling really weirded out. The fact that he blocked both my questions made me uneasy, but I shrug it off and go to check on K.

I carry T towards the swings, looking for her blonde hair. I start to panic as I realise I can't see her. I don't want to freak T out, so I try to stay calm. I rush around to all the play things, calling for her, but she doesn't answer. This is unusual, since usually she checks up on me more than I do her. Thoroughly terrified now, I run up to a group of mothers and ask if they've seen her. One of them says that she saw two men with a little girl like that. She said one looked like her father.

I want to scream. While he distracted me someone else must have taken her. I literally burst into tears. I'm out of my mind with terror and T freaks out too. The women suddenly realise what's happened and one of them calls the police, while the others try to calm me down.

I'm going to say right now that I believe that someone or something was looking out for us that day. The police are there within minutes and then they're off searching. They find the guys just over a block away with the van's engine smoking like there's no tomorrow. They arrested them and bring K straight back to me. She's pretty upset, naturally, and doesn't want to be put down, which is fine, since there is no way that I would have let her go.

The investigation continued and it turns out that the blonde guy had lost a daughter who he was trying to replace in his life. We filed a restraining order and he's not allowed in our town unless it's to attend court. K is fine now and often gets frustrated that we're all so over protective of her and T. We were so unbelievably lucky.

So yeah, that's the most recent creep-moment that's happened. I might share some of my others soon. Sorry it was so long :P
So we make up stories?
I suck at that.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
dat Giant Squid av.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
One time I had to watch the house and our cat kept staring at me from behind corners.

Let me know if I short put that in spoilers. Pretty scary stuff.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
One time my brother opened up our door at midnight to see a little kid sitting on our porch and then he just ran off. This isn't one of those neighborhoods where people just go in everyone's yard either and the street is probably like 70 feet from the door.

Another one was my mom was in a cabin in Michigan and there was supposedly a story on the news about an escaped patient at a mental ward nearby. That night she saw a man staring in her window and then he just walked away after a few seconds.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
One day a black man raped me while I was showering.

But anyway I don't have any scary stories.
I ate some hamburgers from a vending machine the other night and have had green liquid shits since then.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Another one was my mom was in a cabin in Michigan and there was supposedly a story on the news about an escaped patient at a mental ward nearby. That night she saw a man staring in her window and then he just walked away after a few seconds.

Most mental patients are harmless. That guy probably was schizophrenic.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Remind me to never invite any of you guys out for a drink.

Big mistake bro. I'm a riot.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Remind me to never invite any of you guys out for a drink.

So this one time WhiskeyFace invited us all out for a drink. We all got together at the pub he said to go to, and right on time as well. He was like "Wtf, I said 'Remind me to never invite any of you guys out for a drink' like one minute ago so how did you guys know I'd be here?" We were all confused because YOU told us to be here and what time. You also told us about your tiny, tiny penis. "It's true!", said WhiskeyFace, "But I've never told anyone"

Then we all wondered how we gathered so quickly because that kind of travel is quite simply, unfeasible. Pretty creepy if you ask me.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 25, 2013,
Quote by Nelshizzle
I was 10 years old. My parents owned a 130 year old 3 story building in brooklyn new york city. It was the house I grew up in. My Mother, Father, and sister all lived in that house, no one else, except for my grandmother, but she had passed away 2 years before. For the summer we decided to go to key west, florida for vacation. We drove there and it took us a round trip of about 2 weeks coming and going.

When I was 10 I had a lot of toys. Spawn toys, power rangers, legos, army men, mega zords and all that cool shit. My room was terribly messy and I would always leave my toys layed out around my room. When I came back from my vacation I ran straight to my room to play with all of my toys that I had left on the floor. When I opened the door all the hairs raised on my body and I had never been more freaked out in my entire life...

All the toys in my room were standing up on the floor facing the door. Toys that I even had trouble standing up on my own were standing and pointing directly at the door. I got really mad at what I was seeing and I knocked them over with my legs and didn't play with my toys for about 3 days. I never had that happen in my life again.

True story.

There you go, TS. Nelsean comes in with a pretty good storey.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
oh man, I deleted it because I thought I wasn't doing it right lol.

I was 10 years old. My parents owned a 130 year old 3 story building in brooklyn new york city. It was the house I grew up in. My Mother, Father, and sister all lived in that house, no one else, except for my grandmother, but she had passed away 2 years before. For the summer we decided to go to key west, florida for vacation. We drove there and it took us a round trip of about 2 weeks coming and going.

When I was 10 I had a lot of toys. Spawn toys, power rangers, legos, army men, mega zords and all that cool shit. My room was terribly messy and I would always leave my toys layed out around my room. When I came back from my vacation I ran straight to my room to play with all of my toys that I had left on the floor. When I opened the door all the hairs raised on my body and I had never been more freaked out in my entire life...

All the toys in my room were standing up on the floor facing the door. Toys that I even had trouble standing up on my own were standing and pointing directly at the door. I got really mad at what I was seeing and I knocked them over with my legs and didn't play with my toys for about 3 days. I never had that happen in my life again.

True story.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by BladeSlinger
So this one time WhiskeyFace invited us all out for a drink. We all got together at the pub he said to go to, and right on time as well. He was like "Wtf, I said 'Remind me to never invite any of you guys out for a drink' like one minute ago so how did you guys know I'd be here?" We were all confused because YOU told us to be here and what time. You also told us about your tiny, tiny penis. "It's true!", said WhiskeyFace, "But I've never told anyone"

Then we all wondered how we gathered so quickly because that kind of travel is quite simply, unfeasible. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

Gonna have to call bullshit on that one, I'm never on time.

Quote by Nelshizzle
oh man, I deleted it because I thought I wasn't doing it right lol.

True story.

Yay :3
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Gonna have to call bullshit on that one, I'm never on time.

Yay :3

Isn't that creepy that you were on time?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Wow just read your story TS, that's pretty bad. Not nearly as bad but one time when I was like 12 my friends and I and my friend's brother were going to an amusement park. Along the way we went to a rest stop because the brother had to go to the bathroom. He was probably like 7 so we kinda helped him find it and waited. Well on the way out this fully grown guy kinda quickly bent down and touched his ass. I don't think he understood what happened so we just told him to hurry up and we ran back out to the car.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
I don't really ever think about this story, partly because I hold so much moral guilt about it and partly because it still horrifies me today.

I remember when I was about 11, in year 6, I had really just started going out by myself then and there's this park near my house, five minutes away really, it's got a huge cricket field and football pitches but it's also got a little forest filled with used condoms and empty tins of lager, the rest of the park is lovely but this forest is pretty creepy.

It was near the end of the school year and I was soon to be going into Secondary School (High School) so it was a cool period of time when you're on the cusp of what seemed to be like new found freedom, after school me and a bunch of girls would often go and lay down on the cricket fields, we'd fool around and have awkward kisses, this time there were five of us, four girls: Hannah, Shelly-Anne, Lauren and Leigh and me. Leigh was a pretty fat ****er but the other three were good in my eyes. Lauren had a reputation for being a bit of a tart ( I later found at that she had given a man a blow job for Chicken and Chips). But Hannah and Shelly-Anne were real sweet, Hannah was really the perfect image of Aryan beauty and Shelly had frizzy hair and freckles.

Anyway, we were on the cricket field, fooling around, talking about school and stuff, we were waiting for our friend Ainsley to show up, he really liked dinosaurs and still sucked his thumb but he was a cool guy. It really was one of those perfect moments of youth, it was sunny and I had three attractive girls with me, holding my hand, giving me a kiss now and then, it was great.

But then something was thrown at us, it was sort of like a piece of brick which was broken, naturally being the only boy I decided to check it out, I was pretty confident because I've always been good at fighting and I was just starting to go through puberty then so I was about 5 foot 5 which is big for an 11 year old so I was fueled with all of my arrogant, masculine delusion that you have at the age, I go down and there's nothing there, dunno where the brick came from but no one was there.

We get back to our frolicking and then it happens again, I go check, nothing there, happens again, I go check, nothing there. It soon died down, Ainsley never showed up either so we decided to call it a day, going through the forest was the easiest way possible.

So we're walking through the forest and we're all feeling good and then this guy shows up, blood round his mouth, boiler suit on and ginger hair, wrench in hand, it ****ing makes my heart pound just remembering his face, he just stares, breathing heavily, like a Rhino before the charge, his eyes filled with tears and his face full of aggression, the four of us just stand like deer in the headlights. He tells us to take our clothes of, the girls first, I was so frightened that I knew I couldn't do anything, I felt so weak, castrated, emasculated, the girls listen, they're all down to their underwear, it made me realise how young we were, even though we thought we were tough, we weren't. He doesn't make me take my clothes of but he marches us off to the old sports pavilion that the Sunday league teams get changed in, he takes me by the scruff of my neck, I see Leigh out in front, her pasty Irish skin raped by the natural sunlight, his hand was sweaty, his smell was putrid, he smelt of steam and raw meat.

We get to the pavilion, he makes me take of my clothes, everything, the girls just stare, crying, in their training bras and girly pants. I don't know why but I had an erection, I felt so much shame, so much emasculation, here were, about to be brutalised and I had a hard on, I really wish I could have controlled myself, the situation, these girls liked me, they fancied me, they looked up to me, an image of juvenile masculinity but I was nothing compared to him, he nodded up at the sports hut, he tells the other girls to take of their underwear, they do, stuffed bras spring used tissues, their breasts were small and immature, our earlier confidence in our new self discovery had an ironic edge to it, he tells me to open the door, I do, I see Ainsley, my best friend on the floor, in the fetal position, crying, his black skin juxtaposed with the brutal red flesh which lay underneath, the man tells us to get on the floor, he makes Lauren suck on the end of his wrench, he gains sick sadistic pleasure from this.

In all my fear I turnt to Ainsley and said it's going to be ok, he said I know,now err'body walk the dinosaur.
Last edited by jaybsp at Jul 25, 2013,
Nothing creepy ever happens to me. I do have stories of ridiculous luck, but none of them are particularly creepy.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
My mum told me this story, it happened about 30 years ago.

My grandmother heard a scratch at the back door, these were big clear glass doors covered by a curtain or something and my granny thought it was just her cat. For some reason to greet the cat she would get down on her knees and scratch the glass, so she pulled back the curtain expecting to see a little pussycat but what was standing there was a man (wearing only a pair of mickey mouse ears) wanking on her back doorstep. If i remember correctly she just stood there until he finished up and then she called the police.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by WhiskeyFace
@Jay 2/10, saw it coming a mile off.

Yeah the spoiler tag made it pretty obvious
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by WhiskeyFace
@Jay 2/10, saw it coming a mile off.

EDIT: And you're supposed to say "open the door, get on the floor" before it. GAWD!

I did but I broke it up so it wasn't obvious, trying subvert cliches here Whiskey, GAWD!
Quote by BladeSlinger
One time I had to watch the house and our cat kept staring at me from behind corners.

Let me know if I short put that in spoilers. Pretty scary stuff.

(low purring noise)
Camping in a field once with the girlfriend and a load of mates when I was like 15, bevvies and what 'ave ya, etc. It was a big field in the middle of practically nowhere with a small river running along one end of it. We're just there with our campfire, couple of chairs, our beers and music just chatting away and we hear this rumbling in the distance, shine our torches to see what it was and a shit load of sheep are charging right towards us. That's not the creepy part but it was pretty weird.
Anyway, we hear this guy shouting, I can't remember what it was but it wasn't anything bat shit insane. Being a bit drunk, my girlfriend and a few of her mates went to investigate, they're gone for quite a while, it didn't even occur to me that anything could be wrong cos I could still hear the bloke shouting. Then I hear from the line of trees, "Tom, come quickly, I need you." So I ran over as fast as I could and my girlfriend's there, I say, "why? what's wrong? what do you need?" and she replies, "I need about tree fiddy." It was at this point that I noticed this wasn't my girlfriend at all and was, in fact, a 500 foot tall monster from the Paleothilic era. "God damnit Nessie! I ain't giving you no tree fiddy!"
That night we got very drunk, listened to tunes at full volume, slept in harmony with the sheep and went home very hungover. I still sometimes meet up with those friends at the pub and we reminisce of that day.
5/10. Could have had me for much longer.

Quote by OneHappyCamper
But also, WhiskeyFace, those two stories in the OP were hella hella creepy. Do post more.

I don't want this to be the "WhiskeyFace posts stuff from reddit thread" -.-

I have another one that happened to me but it's not really that creepy in hindsight. When I was 16, myself, two of my friends and one of their girlfriends went up to this abandoned clay-pigeon shooting range near my town to binge drink. After a while we got pretty drunk and got loud and stuff. As we were leaving we see this figure walking towards us. Turns out the place isn't abandoned, because this fella has a gun. A fucking huge gun. I live in Ireland so I had never seen a gun before in my life. He calmly asks us "what are ya's doing here lads?" and I says "Uhh we were just leaving ... *hiccup*". He says "alright, don't come back here again". I remember then my friend saying "Ok man just don't shoot us!" and I tried real hard not to laugh.

Shit I know, but it's more than any of you rats have posted.
yeah, i wasn't committed enough. i had some sausages on the grill and didn't want to neglect them too much.
Quote by Trowzaa
There was a good one I read ages ago called The Bridge or something. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LetsNotMeet/comments/tj2uc/the_bridge/

Got it. Pictures as well.

Guy really should have gone to the police with all that. Sure, he'd likely have been done for trespassing, but if he'd helped them to catch an obviously twisted individual they probably wouldn't have been that hard on him.
I liked the smiling man one. But all I could picture was this..

The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.