I was just wondering, after looking around all day, can't seem to find an answer..

What I would like to do, is to somehow plug my guitar into my PC's jack - start some PC software, and e.g., hit record - and then playing a home made tune, and then see if the software will actually create the musical notation for it - basically I am just tired of constantly adding and deleting notes/bars..

I've seen many parts of this approach, but not the complete way to do this.

Thanks
Off the top of my head, you would probably have to get a midi pickup to be able to input your guitar as a midi instrument then export the midi into your notation software, but I've never owned one so I can't speak for the results.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by prof50
I was just wondering, after looking around all day, can't seem to find an answer..

What I would like to do, is to somehow plug my guitar into my PC's jack - start some PC software, and e.g., hit record - and then playing a home made tune, and then see if the software will actually create the musical notation for it - basically I am just tired of constantly adding and deleting notes/bars..

I've seen many parts of this approach, but not the complete way to do this.

Thanks

You don't want to do that - you need a proper interface to connect your guitar to your PC, go read the sticky for more information.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Just handwrite it and scan it? hell I think some programs can convert PDFs to some form of notation.