Hello .

As there is no such topic on Pacificas, and I can not decide which model to buy, I would like to ask you for advice.
I hope that this topic will become a place of some talking to about these guitars.

So, I have a Schecter Omen 7 strings. I am a drummer, so it was a toy.
But now sat down to learn to play the guitar seriously, and that omen turned out for me very uncomfortable.
I decided to change the guitar. Have looked and asked and found a Yamaha Pacifica.

've Tried 112V, about 212 and 611
They made a serious impression on me, so I decided that I would buy one of Yamaha Pacifica!

Now the question arises
Which model to choose?
meditate between the 120H and 311H
Difference is probably only in pickups

120h has 2 humbuckers, 311h has p90 on neck and humbucker on bridge.
I do not really know what is up with them

which of these will be better for someone at the beginning of a real adventure with guitar ?
Last edited by Soundcaster at Jul 25, 2013,
just a slightly different tone, really. HH is probably safer, but then i'd be concerned that the 311 might be a higher quality guitar. I'd probably get the 311 (but i haven't tried either, only the older pacificas).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There is no guitar more criminally overlooked and underrated than the Yamaha Pacifica. The 412 is better than a MIM Strat. The 612 is as good as an American Standard, and i daresay that the 812 and up are on par with an American Deluxe.

What are you going to be playing in terms of style? How much is your budget?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dave_Mc just what I'm also in terms of the consideratio, the difference in quality will be noticeable?

Acϵ♠ My budget is like this 311H Pacifica. i cant buy more expensive guitar.

i think i will play all songs i can, not really metal or too hard styles.
Rock, old and modern.

should I pay extra to have 311h ? its a £30= 46$

ouh and its a one 311h B Stock in 120h price. ? is it worth ?
In Red Metalic

Last edited by Soundcaster at Jul 26, 2013,
^ yeah i haven't tried either the 12H or the 311H. I suspect the 311H is higher quality, but that's only an assumption. It may well not be. But if it is, I'd get the higher quality one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The 311H is noticeably better quality than the 120H. Get the 311.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys. so I decided. it will be 311h.
will order tumorrow.

But what finish ? :P

What is yours favorite finish of all Pacificas ?

i love this one

i wish it will be more colors in 311h
Last edited by Soundcaster at Jul 27, 2013,
^ trans blue is probably my favourite overall (though that's just one of my favourite colours so that's not too surprising).

i'm guessing they have fewer colours on the 311 as it costs less to do solid colours rather than transparent (especially when the transparent is over a figured maple top).

I probably like the natural or white the best on the 311. though they're all fine (just the red one possibly clashes with the pickguard, but i'm sure you could get a differently-coloured pacifica pickguard if you really wanted the red one).

Obviously it's your call regarding the colour

You could possibly make the argument that the natural one might make most sense since the cynic in me suspects they use the nicest wood (and fewest pieces) for the models where you can see the wood. But that might just be me being paranoid (plus the nicest-looking wood isn't necessarily the best-sounding).

You can definitely overthink these things, I'd just get the colour you like best (if you're buying online; if you were trying a bunch in a shop it'd make sense to pick the nicest one).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 27, 2013,