Hi guys i have posted about the best guitars und £450 before and you all told me to go to a shop and jam and i have found that i want i gibson more over the fender i was looking at but what are the best gibsons i can get that are under £450 !!!!!!

Thanks for any help
a used SG or LP studio is probably the best you can do
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Or Junior.

But it's definitely going to be used, unless you go for a Melody Maker.

At this price point, Epiphones make a lot of sense...
i've actually seen some deals on the 2012 70s tributes for around that kind of money (give or take £20-£50 or so), and also some models with p90s even for under your budget. I haven't tried them, but they're presumably going to be better than a melody maker.

of course used you'd have a lot more options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A used SG Standard is probably the highest quality Gibson you can afford.

But your question is kind of ridiculous. Surely you have some sort of preference about what sort of model you want. Or do you just want a Gibson to have a Gibson?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What is a gbp right now? 1.5 usd? You'll be pressed to find a quality Gibson in that range. You'll be looking at lp studios(which are fine btw) and maybe sg standards. You'll definitely have to go used.
Last edited by zackk at Jul 25, 2013,
SG Special Faded
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Offworld92

But your question is kind of ridiculous. Surely you have some sort of preference about what sort of model you want. Or do you just want a Gibson to have a Gibson?

This.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Only 2 brands exist on earth: Fender and Gibson.
Don't look at my sig, it's all a lie.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
You'll definitely be able to get a used Studio for that amount on ebay. I have two & love them both, but ymmv - it always makes sense to try the actual guitar you buy, especially with Gibson.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Get a Gibson made before the 21st century. There quality control is shit, my friends brothers SG fell from a low height and snapped like a twig.
Quote by Espace39
Get a Gibson made before the 21st century. There quality control is shit, my friends brothers SG fell from a low height and snapped like a twig.

That's not really an indicator of QC though. All Gibsons are extremely fragile compared to other guitars - they use an old style of volute on the headstock joint that is much weaker than modern designs.

That's not a QC issue, that's just a bad design issue.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Espace39

The headstock angle is what makes Gibsons break easily when dropped. How doe the guitar falling and then breaking make them have shity QC.
Sounds like you want to blame user error on Gibson in your situation
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Offworld92
That's not really an indicator of QC though. All Gibsons are extremely fragile compared to other guitars - they use an old style of volute on the headstock joint that is much weaker than modern designs.

you mean no volute?

but yeah agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you mean no volute?

but yeah agreed.

Oh, is there none at all? That explains it even better.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i think last year's 70s tributes had a volute. i'm guessing the actual ones made in the 70s ones did too (at least some of them). but yeah, most of them have no volute.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've seen faded V's go for that amount. Studios, melody makers, SGs... You've got more choice than you may think. Just be patient and something good will come up.
Quote by LP_CL
Only 2 brands exist on earth: Fender and Gibson.
Don't look at my sig, it's all a lie.

I could live with that harsh truth.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz