Page 1 of 2
I love a good documentary but I rarely find any that sound interesting and when they do I always get the impression that it's made by some crazy extremist.

The only movies I've liked that I can think of are Cropsey (about a child killer), The King of Kong (about the Donkey Kong champion and his crazy competition who is like the ultimate villain) and Monster Camp, which was about extreme LARPers. I know Restrepo is supposed to be really good though and the one brad recently mentioned (The Human Experience) sounded cool so I'll try those.

As for series, I like the science stuff. How The Universe Works, Into The Wormhole and Planet Earth are awesome.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Planet Earth is the greatest thing ever. The Four Year Plan was pretty good, following the owners of a football club around as they try to get into the top flight. It's not Disney-fied either, what they filmed is what they showed, no editing to make it nicer.
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Oh yeah Exit Through The Gift Shop was awesome.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
The "A Football Life" and "America's Game" series' are both very good. Regardless of your opinion of American football, NFL Films does an outstanding job.

I've also always really liked Cosmos, as well as Apollo 13.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Has anyone seen Bones Brigade: An Autobiography? Saw it on Netflix the other day, might give it a watch tonight.
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I love a good documentary but I rarely find any that sound interesting and when they do I always get the impression that it's made by some crazy extremist.

The only movies I've liked that I can think of are Cropsey (about a child killer), The King of Kong (about the Donkey Kong champion and his crazy competition who is like the ultimate villain) and Monster Camp, which was about extreme LARPers. I know Restrepo is supposed to be really good though and the one brad recently mentioned (The Human Experience) sounded cool so I'll try those.

As for series, I like the science stuff. How The Universe Works, Into The Wormhole and Planet Earth are awesome.

The King of Kong... if I remember right, was that the docu where there was basically a King Kong Mafia who did everything they could to keep the champion on top?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The King of Kong... if I remember right, was that the docu where there was basically a King Kong Mafia who did everything they could to keep the champion on top?

Hmm, Idk, do you remember this face?

Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
oh i didn't read your original post.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah! That Billy Mitchell twat. And the 'referee' bloke. And their little (fat) crony who kept looking over the shoulder of the alright guy gunning for the record. I have the need to feel angry again, I'ma go watch it.
I like to watch documentaries.
Of almost any kind.

Also A lot of Morgan Spurlock stuff, while maybe not documentaries, are pretty cool.
I watched The Plane That Saved Britain yesterday. Only 45 minutes long. It was about the de Havilland Mosquito, pretty damn interesting.
Indie Game: The Movie was more or less a documentary, I suppose. So that.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by AnEvilWalrus
Indie Game: The Movie was more or less a documentary, I suppose. So that.

Oh yeah I liked that one too. Edmund McMillen is awesome but I couldn't stand the others.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
I really like Side By Side. It's about the development of digital filmmaking, so if you're not interested in techy film stuff it's probably not for you, but if you even kinda are it's very much worth the watch.
Louis Theroux documentaries are always really interesting. He get good reactions out of people
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
Quote by Minimallamb
Louis Theroux documentaries are always really interesting. He get good reactions out of people

The wrestling one got a good reaction out of him!

Well, torrents of vomit when he was put through the training after implying that wrestling was fake.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Regular Show makes fun of him

The House i Live In is a good film, it's about the reasons behind america's war on drugs.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by SaintVitus
The House i Live In is a good film, it's about the reasons behind america's war on drugs.

See I was about to watch this but I figured it would be really one sided and have some crazy extremist view it wants to push on you. It isn't that way?
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Senna. It's about the F-1 driver Aryton Senna's life. Even if sports isn't your cup of tea, it's worth a watch. It's very well done. Quite a bit of in-car footage. I gained a lot of respect for F-1 that day.
^ Senna is really good. Idk if it's on Netflix still but it's def worth a watch
Quote by mjones1992
Senna. It's about the F-1 driver Aryton Senna's life. Even if sports isn't your cup of tea, it's worth a watch. It's very well done. Quite a bit of in-car footage. I gained a lot of respect for F-1 that day.

Agreed. I have no real interest in F-1, but Senna was a great film.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
See I was about to watch this but I figured it would be really one sided and have some crazy extremist view it wants to push on you. It isn't that way?

Sort of...
It comes at it from the point of view that the war on drugs is a failure and it covers the reasons why people like to pretend it can work.
It's mostly level headed but it goes off the deep end a bit at the end.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

ESPN's 30 for 30 series is pretty great
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father is a pretty depressing documentary, one of my favorites though.
Man on Wire is pretty amazing, about a guy who walks across the twin towers on a high wire.
Thin Blue Line was okay, I don't really understand the hype completely.
Inside Job is fantastic, explains our whole economic crises.
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room was a good one too.
Bret Hart: Wrestling With Shadows.

I've not been into wrestling since I was about 9, but I got this a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it.
@the_hoodster Yeah that one is good but I reckon Jake the Snake pick your poison doco was a little bit better. The rise and fall of WCW was alright as well.

Other good doco's
Planet Earth
Bukowski: Born Like This
VH1 Classic Album series
Page 1 of 2