Page 1 of 2
I like stand up comedy and stand up comedians but I'm not very well versed in specific specials, so what are some of your favorites? Mine are Tosh's Happy Thoughts and Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker. The latter is my favorite OAT and one of the funniest hours of anything ever recorded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTc88Govj4

He's really funny for being such a clean comedian
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
My favorites.

Patrice O'Neal - Elephant In The Room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Yh7DixLXc

Patton Oswalt - My Weakness Is Strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkfbgA8224

Eddie Murphy - Delirious (I'd have put Raw, but it's not on youtube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe__A9lsVKI
Last edited by The Madcap at Jul 25, 2013,
Donald Glover - Weirdo
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Obscene: I'M JUST A BIG NOTHIN'!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
George Carlin - Life's Worth Losing.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
I'm watching this, really funny although I'd recommend skipping to like 7:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlDjLS-mi1o
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Donald Glover - Weirdo

Really?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
Really?

Well Idk about my favorite but yeah. I don't claim to be an expert on stand-up at all, but I think I was laughing more constantly during it than anything else I've seen and I never hear it mentioned so I thought I would.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by iwannabesedated
Izzard- Dressed to Kill

One of his best.

Although really I think Unrepeatable is my favorite.

I've seen Tosh's "Completely Serious" so many times, and it still kills me, so we'll toss that one up there.

I watch a lot of standup but I can never remember the names of the specials, so.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Well Idk about my favorite but yeah. I don't claim to be an expert on stand-up at all, but I think I was laughing more constantly during it than anything else I've seen and I never hear it mentioned so I thought I would.

General consensus was that he wasn't ready.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Great show indeed, I'd recommend it as well. Other names I'd like to throw out there; Tim Minchin, Louis CK, Ricky Gervais, George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Bill Hicks, Jimmy Carr, Chris Rock, Richard Pryor, Denis Leary, Kevin Hart, Patton Oswalt, David Cross... Probably forgetting a couple here.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Last edited by Kylianvb at Jul 26, 2013,
Bill Bailey - Part Troll
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Been said, but Eddie Izzard's Dressed to Kill is fantastic. SAN FRAN-CISCOOO!

Zach Galifianakis: Live at the Purple Onion is super great.

Uhhh, I'm sure there are plenty others I really like, I just can't think of what I'd call my favorite besides those two.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by lolmnt
General consensus was that he wasn't ready.

I think it's bullshit when someone says "he wasn't ready" if it's someone who's already been working quite some time. He went for it, he was funny. Not best funny but still really funny.

Plus, if cable approached you and went "We like you, you want to do a half hour special?" your answer should never be "No", doesn't matter how shit you are or if you've never done comedy.

OT: Anything Jeremy Hotz I dig. His specials aren't great but you can find clips of him in some places being brilliant.

If you can find any of Bobcat Goldthwait's stuff, watch that. Moshe Kasher is really funny as well, but I don't know if he has any specials.
I'm not overly into standup but ones who I have found really funny are Lee Evans (you either love or hate his standup lol), Kevin Bridges and Lee Mack.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Demon Wolf
Bill Bailey - Part Troll

Yes. That was on Channel 4 years ago, so I taped it. Got to the point where me and a friend could damn near quote the entire show from start to finish, we watched it that many times.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

He's really funny for being such a clean comedian

that title. the only two words in the english language that i constantly mispronounce.
Quote by Minkaro
Yes. That was on Channel 4 years ago, so I taped it. Got to the point where me and a friend could damn near quote the entire show from start to finish, we watched it that many times.

Did your friend have an overhead projector with him? And was he covered for acts by God? And is he one of those post-modern vegetarians who eat meat ironically?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Will Ferrell - You're Welcome America

And probably something by Lee Evans. I forget the name of the show.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Did your friend have an overhead projector with him? And was he covered for acts by God? And is he one of those post-modern vegetarians who eat meat ironically?

No, but he does own the Britney style mike, I say Britney, it makes him look like a wizard in a call centre, a Klingon inspirational speaker.
Bill Bailey, Kyle Kinane, Patton Oswalt.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Minkaro
No, but he does own the Britney style mike, I say Britney, it makes him look like a wizard in a call centre, a Klingon inspirational speaker.

Is he perhaps a receptionist for the Axis of Evil?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I'm gonna say any of Louis CK's specials, even though someone is gonna make snide remarks about it
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Aziz Ansari, Louis C.K., Jim Gaffigan, Steven Wright (Only if you're into really dry, monotone comedy that contradicts itself everywhere).. I don't know many.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
You liked Happy Thoughts more than Completely Serious? It didn't even compare in my opinion, much different level but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Aziz's Dangerously Delicious is great too. That and Tosh's Completely Serious are my favorites.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I think it's bullshit when someone says "he wasn't ready" if it's someone who's already been working quite some time. He went for it, he was funny. Not best funny but still really funny.

Plus, if cable approached you and went "We like you, you want to do a half hour special?" your answer should never be "No", doesn't matter how shit you are or if you've never done comedy.
He didn't have enough good material to fill out the hour and it got really bad. He hadn't done stand up enough to have his own voice so he sounded like a really good guy you'd see at open mics. The only reason he got the hour was because he was already well-known.

It was like when Paris Hilton was trying to act/make music.

I'm not saying that there wasn't funny stuff in there. Just that it was underwhelming and a weird pick as somebody's favorite special.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Too much pop culture for my taste without a good payoff of it. It felt very vapid, and he definitely lost steam throughout the entire performance.
Page 1 of 2