Does anyone know the differences between the newer and older model SR basses? There's a guy on craigslist selling this Ibanez SR605:

But he linked the more modern one seen here:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-SR605-LIST?SRC=D0301DT0HAMS0000&utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=feed&

So I was wondering what the differences between them would be? How have the pickups changed? Is it different wood? Etc etc.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
The bridge, pups, and preamps are the main differences between the older and newer version.

Though in the case of the 605 the woods changed from soft maple to swamp ash.

EDIT

The bridge changed from the Accucast B25 bridge to a newer Accucast 305.

Pickups changed from the older ADX style pickups to the Bartolini MK1.

The preamps was changed from the older EQB3 to the revised EQB-IIIS.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jul 25, 2013,
Wow, thanks! That's a lot of info!

Although, to be honest, it doesn't say a lot to me. Is there any general difference in sound that those changes create? Like, is one bass going to be slightly warmer or something?
1)The Accucast B25 bridge on the older model has less weight than the current B305.It's made from aluminium and has brass saddles. The B305 is steel with larger brass saddles.

2)The ADX pickups are slightly hotter than the ones labeled MK1.

3)Preamps in the older models is the older and much hated EQIII.It was very harsh in it's boosting and cutting of highs. The newer ones have a slightly revised version of the EQIII which is the S model. It has less gain than the previous model but still is hated by all.

4)The change from maple to swamp ash is mostly a weight issue. It shaved a pound or two off the body.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jul 26, 2013,
Awesome, thanks so much.