I was wondering what would happen if I wired my 5-way switch to use all 3 pickups on my guitar at once. I'm thinking of rewiring it anyway so that the settings I use most are close together (basically just switching which pickup is wired to the center and top positions of the 5-way)

Would it sound like shit? I figure I might be able to swing it since I only use 2 of the 5 options. The only way I can think to do it though is to send a split or just two separate wires from two of the pickups and then position them so that the short rests between a spot with 1 pickup and a spot with 2.

Am I wasting my time, and does anyone have audio or video of what that might sound like?
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jul 26, 2013,
Quote by Viban
VIDEO

This displays compinations of a couple pickups which normally wouldn't go together. Skip to 2:00 to see neck and bridge together.

Huh. interesting. I guess I might as well do it while I have the guitar open
I use all three pickups quite often and I thoroughly enjoy it. When I use it, I roll my master tone down a bit and get a pretty heavy crunch. I don't know what you play so you may not find it enjoyable. I also use the bridge and neck together quite a bit as well and that is usually my go to setting live.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.