View poll results: Would you?
Y
29 81%
N
7 19%
Voters: 36.
Like $500 instrument. Poll.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
It depends on seller rating and such, but I would only do it if I absolutely could not find it at an adequate price in person.

I bought my favourite guitar online, but that was through reaching out to people on a forum, private messaging, and then buying through that person online.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Nope.

I'm assumng you've decided to stick bass out then, after your last thread?

Haven't decided. Was thinking maybe something new would spark it in me to continue on, but I don't know if I have the discipline to get where I want to be with it.
I actually bought all my guitars off ebay. Saves shitloads buying from the US even with International shipping.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I bought my first guitar on ebay. X Series Jackson Dinky. Cost $170 shipped. Strings were popped when I got it, but after a good setup from a local shop, that thing shredded.

Eventually sold it for $250. Good investment, but I'd love to have it back. It was so smooth.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A $500 gamble?

Not quite. I'm just browsing around right now. I really have no idea and definitely wouldn't just throw away that much money.
Yes. I spent $800 on an usa mockingbird special X to be shipped to ireland. Arrived slightly out of tune, but other than that...everything else was perfect.
Depends on the ebay account. I bought a £300 resonator bass from ebay a few months ago.
Bought & sold 100s of things over the past 12 years. Never had a problem.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Use paypal and buy from a ebay shop. Get it shipped with insurance too.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Definitely!

I bought my first 'non-beginner' guitar from Ebay - Black 1984 Epiphone Xplorer. The guy wanted rid, and it was pick up only so I got it for less than £200. Best guitar ever. Just as described and no drama with purchase - just ordered delivery through a website for £15 and got it 3 days later!
This is very clearly not a black-and-white question and it depends entirely on the nature of payment, the seller's reputation, pictures, and delivery method.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
This is very clearly not a black-and-white question and it depends entirely on the nature of payment, the seller's reputation, pictures, and delivery method.

Common sense rules.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
yes, providing the seller seemed legit, had a decent feedback score and there was sufficient information and pictures on the instrument for me to know the thing had been looked after and that it wasn't being sold as it was stolen or something dodgy.

have bought a couple of guitars and pedals etc on ebay in the past and would happily again.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
My most recent guitar came from ebay.

I was hesitant to order one from the bay, but there were a few things that fell together nicely. It's a used Jackson DK2M - and I already had one in another colour, so barring any problems I knew I would like it. The seller was a shop selling through ebay, which was a bit less worrying than buying from any old seller. And on top of that it's a discontinued model, and they were selling it for a great price.

Overall the deal was a great success! Here's the twins now...

I bought a beautiful Ibanez off ebay since the color wasn't available anymore and came in perfect! Just go back and forth a few times and get good pictures/history of instrument
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
My first guitar was from ebay for £150
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle