Hey guys!

Okey, I'm tired of the search now so I'm doing something that is forbidden, starting a thread that's been up hundred times. Please bear wth me.

I'd like to have suggestions on acoustic songs that mainly consist of strumming. I'm interesting in all kinds of songs but slow ones. So I'd like the songs to be rather fast and sound cool even if you only hear the guitar.

Thank you!
ever try Avenged Sevenfold's "bat country" on acoustic? that's one of the songs i have to play every time i pick up a guitar. as well as Hinder's "all american nightmare"
those should set your mullet on fire for a while !
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Best ever: "Pinball Wizard", The Who

Pretty much anything on the Rolling Stones, "Beggar's Banquet".

"I Fought the Law", Bobby Fuller Four

"Sultans of Swing", Dire Straits

Got a 12 string? Then, "Tangerine", Led Zeppelin. Or, "Free Fallin', Tom Petty. It's dead simple, but very strummy.

Springsteen's cover of Dylan's "Chimes of Freedom", again for 12 string.

And who could forget, Pink Floyd, "Wish you Were Here".

Eagles', "Hotel California", more 12 string.

Dixie Chicks, "I'm not ready to Make Nice". (Yeah, I said it, "Dixie Chicks")! (This is for 6 string, with a "chip on your shoulder" kind of groove).

If all of that is before your time, my apologies and condolences.
Thanks guys! Maybe I should've mentioned that I'm looking for songs mainly for acoustic guitar. Avenged Sevenfold might sound good on it, I don't know, but I have such a passionate dislike towards their music that I can't listen through a whole song, sorry.

Pinball Wizard by The who is great. Thanks, probably the next one I'll try to learn. Wish You Were Here I've already started with. Keep on the suggestions since I'm not so familiar with "acoustic" songs!
no problem...not everyone can have exquisite taste like me !
judging by your moniker, i figured it'd fit your style.
i tend to like my angry whiteboy music with a bit of an edge. i do tons of A7X,shinedown, 5FDP,3DG( "3 days grace" cranky) stuff on my acoustics. the older stuff just doesn't do it for me..must be my "ever forward" philosophy.
Quote by stepchildusmc
no problem...not everyone can have exquisite taste like me !
judging by your moniker, i figured it'd fit your style.
i tend to like my angry whiteboy music with a bit of an edge. i do tons of A7X,shinedown, 5FDP,3DG( "3 days grace" cranky) stuff on my acoustics. the older stuff just doesn't do it for me..must be my "ever forward" philosophy.

Hah, your conclusion wasn't that inaccurate, except I'm not really into the "new" metal scene. And I'm a bit narrow minded so what do I know, music for me consists mostly of Opeth. That's it. Their stuff actually sounds great on acoustic, but it's a pain to find good tabs for them. Yeah, I have to rely on those suckers...

Right now I'm practicing Stairway to Heaven. Imagine, after 3 years of guitar playing it's the first time I ever tried that song.
Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin one of my favorites to play
Why Georgia - John Mayer

I was listening to some Tenacious D and when you think about it, they actually make a couple of acoustics sound very complex. They have some fun songs.
Those are some great suggestions dougl, thanks! Pretty advanced for my skills, but that's good. It'll keep me busy.
the Zep song isnt really that difficult. the 12 string makes it sound more complicated than it really is. you'll have fun with it.
Come on... how about Doobie Bros " Long Train Runnin" " Listen to the Music" Real Rhythm. Cheers