So I've narrowed my search for an amp down to two. Either the DR Z Remedy or the 65 amps london pro head and cab. Which one do you guys think gets a better overdriven tone? The london pro sounds better to me right now. I'm aiming for an amp with a black crowes type tone and can still get pretty sweet lead sounds. If there's any amps around the $2500 range that would sound better, feel free to suggest.
Not 100% sure it's what you're looking for,
but I'd take a look at the Two Rock line anyway.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
well, the black crowes guitarist uses Reason amps....also very nice.

the both are really great amp brands, its a crap shoot at that point and preference. what models specifically?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I'm being a bit of a homer here but I'd go with the Dr Z. I admit theyre both way over my head though.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i would say the 65 amps line as a whole offers a big more bells and whistles, tonal variations, power soaks etc. that makes them way more appealing for me.

dr z. s are amazing amps, but its more of a set and forget type tone. you pick the flavor and there not much changing it. thier controls make a lot of difference, bot often there is not many of them. the non master volume models are VERY LOUD and have a TON of headroom.

dont get me wrong, they are incredible amps. but personally i would want one with a master volume if i was playing in my house. i would definitely want a lot of help from the guitar output/tone/volume knobs, and pedals to get gain variations out of a Dr. Z.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
At that budget, it's all preference, really. I'd look at Matchless as well. Maybe a Fargen if it's available, but it'll be top of your budget if you're buying new, I think.
i mean if we are throwing other brands into the mix, Cornford, CEC, framus....

i mean at 2500 you really dont have too much limitation. its all about features and tonal variations.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic