So I know that I totally just made a thread about the Ibanez SR605: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1610831

And I know there's already a thread on this from 2 years ago.

But I was looking around and noticed that for about the same price as that ($500) I could instead get a Warwick Corvette of some sort. I've never played a Warwick because they are much harder to find locally but it piqued my interest because almost all my favorite bassists use Warwicks of some sort (and get a delicious tone). So what do you guys think about how the two compare?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Two very different basses.

The Warwick is going to have a wider and thicker neck profile depending on the year of production. On the other hand the is the Ibanez which has a thinner profile than the Warwick and slightly better upper fret access.

Tone wise the Warwick has a clanky/grindy type tone to it. While the Ibanez is like a chameleon it'll blend in almost everything you play.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Both make excellent basses that are (usually) far better value for money than equivalent brands.

However, Ibanez do little to cater for the high end / boutique / custom market and Warwick (even with Rockbass) do not cater for beginners. This makes them a little difficult to compare as their only overlap is really between £500 - £1000 and, if you ask me, that is certainly not where either do their best work.

The Ibanez G[...] and SR300 ranges are probably the best value beginner basses you can get, what I think makes Ibanez great.

Warwick offer features and attention to detail that you'd usually only find on £10k+ basses. The Warwick Corvette $$ was probably the best bass I've ever owned, it was utterly faultless.
Quote by Spaz91
Both make excellent basses that are (usually) far better value for money than equivalent brands.

However, Ibanez do little to cater for the high end / boutique / custom market and Warwick (even with Rockbass) do not cater for beginners. This makes them a little difficult to compare as their only overlap is really between £500 - £1000 and, if you ask me, that is certainly not where either do their best work.

Dude, the Ibby Premium, Grooveline and Prestige are all high end/boutique-ish. Custom shop is a bit weird with them though. Admittedly, Warwick are more inclined towards high end and are also (subjectively) rather overpriced at that level (5500eur for the Stuart Zender sig is ridiculous). Although I do agree that they are both pretty piss poor in that price range.

OT: Both very different beasts, and either is a good choice.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Sort of relevant: I'm used to playing an Ibanez EDB405 and a Yamaha RBX375 although I like the feel of the Ibanez more. I'm pretty confident I want the Warwick more, but would it be worth risking it if I never tried it out first?
My Warwick Corvette Standard is German made in 2009... so the only year since the early-mid 90's they were made in Germany but with the thinner neck profiles. It's a killer bass. The build quality is very impressive, they haven't skimped on anything, the electronics package is great, the hardware all does a great job. The neck feels very nice; much nicer than on some of the other older Warwicks that I've played, but my hands are on the small size. The tone really is something else too. Honestly, you'd be very hard pushed to find anything that held its own against a Warwick second-hand for the same price given how badly they hold their value at the moment. I can't compare it to Ibanez (not a brand I have too much experience with) but I can definitely vouch for the Corvette.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Apples and oranges. Both make great basses, basses that are very very different. A used German 'Vette is probably one of the best values around in it's price range, but then again you could say something similar about secondhand Ibby SR's (particularly the old MIJ ones which are awesome). Try to look a little more in the Ibanez department too, you can probably do better than an SR605 at that price point.

I'd say you can't really go wrong with either, but its hard to say which one would fit you best without you trying them both first. Again, apples and oranges.

EDIT: just a reminder for next time, "versus" threads are against the rules. This seems like more a purchasing advice kind of thing, but just take care how you title your threads.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^Noted.

Thanks for the advice, guys! I ended up buying a Warwick Corvette Basic for $440.