So I need to replace the screws on my ESP Alexi 200 that hold the Floyd rose floating spring system (or whatever you want to call it) to the body of the guitar itself. They are the ones properly mounted right into the wood that you adjust to change the tension on the system... Anyone know of the exact size of these things or shall I gut my whole guitar to find out?

One of em is stripping to the point of no return so I figure replace ASAP before I can't get it out... Any assistance would be amazing.
They look like regular wood screws. Take the one out and go match it at a hardware store. Or Allparts or other similar sites sell them.

Looks like a #8 1-3/4 wood screw.
Last edited by J_W at Jul 26, 2013,
I figured that was my best bet but I wanted to check if it was anything special by the boards first, thanks
You mean the spring claw screws? If so the screw stripping that means that you need to do something to the wood itself, I'd say drill the hole out a bit, then glue in a bit of dowel, then drill an appropriate pilot hole for the screw.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
You mean the spring claw screws? If so the screw stripping that means that you need to do something to the wood itself, I'd say drill the hole out a bit, then glue in a bit of dowel, then drill an appropriate pilot hole for the screw.

+1

you can also put a few toothpicks/matchsticks in the hole with wood glue and let it set good. then re-install the screw.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Oh, That is a whole different matter, in that case you certainly can just go buy a replacement screw, just make sure it is of the same size and thread.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.