Okay, so I'm working on guitar covers and I am getting really fed up of having to tune down and tune up my guitar constantly (call me lazy, but it's better for the strings). So I'm just going to start playing in Drop D down a whole step (CGCFAD). Since Im a songwriter mainly, I didn't think this would be a problem....but now I want to cover songs in my spare time...does anyone know any post-hardcore songs on the lighter side that are in this tuning?? Thanks!! (Person with the most helpful comment will get an e-hug/e-highfive along with my eternal love and knowing that they are
get the whammy dt (downtune) pedal. stay in standard, drop d if you want, and u can use the pedal to drop however many steps u want without it sounding ghey
sigless
Sleeping with Sirens songs our all in drop c, minus some acoustics. Some songs with good guitar are, If you can't hang, Free now, Who are you now, and Post Cards and Polaroids.

And inb4 haters
Quote by sysD
get the whammy dt (downtune) pedal. stay in standard, drop d if you want, and u can use the pedal to drop however many steps u want without it sounding ghey

Or you could, you know, learn to transpose songs...

@TS:
I do hope you properly set up your guitar for Drop C. Adjusting the truss rod, bridge, & intonation (on a non-floating bridge equipped guitar) are all required. If, of course, you simply used heavier strings, then you wouldn't have to fuss with the truss rod. If you choose to ignore me (and haven't already done this), then watch the neck of your guitar bend into a weird shape, which isn't that fun.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 26, 2013,
yeah that pedal sounds cheap anyways unless u got a Messa haha.. right cuz right
Quote by HawthorneHills
Okay, so I'm working on guitar covers and I am getting really fed up of having to tune down and tune up my guitar constantly (call me lazy, but it's better for the strings). So I'm just going to start playing in Drop D down a whole step (CGCFAD). Since Im a songwriter mainly, I didn't think this would be a problem....but now I want to cover songs in my spare time...does anyone know any post-hardcore songs on the lighter side that are in this tuning?? Thanks!! (Person with the most helpful comment will get an e-hug/e-highfive along with my eternal love and knowing that they are

Knowing that they are what!?!?!?!?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by HawthorneHills
(Person with the most helpful comment will get an e-hug/e-highfive along with my eternal love and knowing that they are

They are what?

They are what!????

I must know!

THEEYYYY AAARRREE WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT
Totally off topic, but I'm listening to "Closer" right now and I read the title of your thread at the same moment Reznor sings it in the song.

EDIT:

On topic, I would just stay in standard and drop D. That way you only have one string to tune. You won't be able to play along to songs that are tuned lower, but you'll still be playing the same song.
Last edited by gunsnroses#1 at Jul 27, 2013,
Learn barre chords, learn how to deal with the downtuning and continue naming the correct chord names, and you will be awesome.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by HawthorneHills

Most bands that play in drop c aren't playing anything "light."
Quote by pavnick91
Becomin the Artchype is a good Christian one

Why did you even mention their lyrical content?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I play good-natured pop/rock in dropped A.

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN (triplets, obviously)

"And you'll always be my lover..."

DUNDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN (gallops, obviously)

Queue 17/8 breakdown, followed by bass solo and 6-string sweeps (BLOOPBLOOPBLOOP) covering the whole fretboard.

"And we'll be together..."

*shift the key a semitone up*

"And we'll be together..."

*go for V-I cadence, but obviously end on the first inversion of I so the cadence is there, but not too perfect*
Last edited by triface at Jul 27, 2013,
Buy another cheapo guitar. Ibanez RG321 or something
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
try looking into the band Dorje.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Thrill-house
Let's hear it.

Here you go - https://soundcloud.com/the_hriday/ore-no-oshiri-demo

Haven't recorded vocals yet, sorreh.
Quote by hriday_hazarika

That was very pleasant.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Thrill-house
That was pretty cool, nicely done.

Thanks, man.

I like low tunings and catchy hooks, so I've been trying to marry them.
Quote by entity0009
They are what?

They are what!????

I must know!

THEEYYYY AAARRREE WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT

God damn it
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by hriday_hazarika

:3

Anyway, TS: try Atreyu, Darkest Hour, As I Lay Dying, some Muse songs, pretty much most metalcore bands from around 2005, nowadays it's a bit lower. Also Deftones, White Pony era, and select songs afterwards. And Mastodon.