An OFR is a direct drop-in for an Edge III and is generally considered to be the best tremolo there is.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
An OFR is a direct drop-in for an Edge III and is generally considered to be the best tremolo there is.

Not always. I have an RG350EX that had to be routed to fit an Original Floyd Rose. I ended up putting a Schaller Floyd in it (still had to be routed) but before I did that I tried putting an OFR into it. Didn't fit.

It depends on what Licensed Floyd you're putting into it. Though I agree that if you're going to replace it, might as well just put an Original into it
Quote by ryan_nadon

I think you mean Edge Pro, not OFR.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ryan_nadon

Floyd Rose has rejiggered the names for some of its products again. As of a couple of years ago, the OFR for large OEM use (Bigson, Flounder) actually came off one of two production lines in Korea. The OFR for small builders and for aftermarket bubble packs was the Schaller-built German made trem. These days, they've got a 2000 series and a 1000 series, and a version that they're calling equivalent to the old LFRs, but "better."

Several of the premium builders (Suhr, etc.) are using the Gotoh-built Floyds and claiming that they're the best of the bunch. Doesn't seem to be a significant price premium for them, but there are claims for better metallurgy and precision. I've been good with a pretty wide range of Floyds, honestly.