This amp has been referred to as the 'little brother' of the Beta Lead.

I keep my Beta Lead at my friends house because it's just waaaay to ****in' loud for my small apartment. Someone told me about the Alpha, and that at 50w it was possibly more suitable for my needs as a practice/small gigging amp. Don't get me wrong, I'm not parting with the Beta Lead! I'm just wondering if it's worth getting and alpha as well.

And how much do they usually go for?

-Major Bludd
Is something wrong with the volume knob on your Beta Lead? Why is it too loud for your apt?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Nothing is wrong with it. With the master at 0.7 it's barely audible. 0.9 and the walls start shaking. It's just too powerful and I don't want to blow my windows out. Trust me, I've tried to make it work and I cant.
That's odd/unfortunate.

If you really like the amp, you may want to consider swapping out the volume pot for one with a different taper. It could make all the difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah, sounds like it may have a linear pot in there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Interesting. I bought this Amp a few years ago and I absolutely LOVE the tone, but the volume sensitivity has made it virtually unusable for anything but jamming/performance purposes. Which is fine, as I wasn't expecting it to be quiet! But I had hoped I could run the master at 0.8 to 1 and use it in my small apartment as well, at low volumes for practice.

Now you guys are telling me this might be possible? Please tell me more!

Interested Beta Lead owner is interested!

-Major Bludd
Last edited by Major Bludd at Jul 27, 2013,
I have an old sunn alnico speaker in my cab, sweet, sweet tone!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20