Hello all,

In the past 6 or so months I have switched to the loose fist technique that was recommended to me here and I'm glad I did. It has definitely helped me shape my technique up but I am still struggling with one issue and thats with palm muting across the low 3 strings. Now I can get it to where I can do solid alternate picking 3 string power chords while palm muting but my problem with that is that it limits my range of my picking hand quite a bit (normal?) What I mean is when Im playing mainly the 6th and 5th strings and just palm muting those, I have my wrist adjusted to just mute those. Then what I normally due when I want to mute the 4th and 3rd strings I adjust my wrist to where my wrist/palm is resting on the 6th and 5th strings. But since I have to adjust my hand down a bit to be able to cover all three strings, it makes it harder to say, go up to just picking the six string while covering the three strings (say if I was striking all three then galloping on the 6th), as opposed to my normal adjusting my wrist to be able to get a good range of motion it if I was just covering the 5th and 6th strings.

Sorry if thats a bit confusing. Im just wondering if this is something I just need to get used to or should I alter something in my technique that needs fixing? Thanks!
Palm muting is best done with, as its name would imply, the palm.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Your freakin funny. That is a bit confusing. You mean its hard to move up and down all 6 strings while only muting the 3 bass strings? My pick slants up at the low E and down at the high E so I can move only from the wrist. Or you can also swing it in a 1/2 circle from the wrist.
I was in purgatory for 30 days but now Ive seen the light and changed my ways. If your bad they send you to a really boring forum for 30 days.
Yeah, basically if you're palm muting you give up a little range of motion. You might just be pressing too hard though, you don't need to press to get a good sound with palm muting.