Okay, so im kinda stuck about these two. I want to get one of them, currently saving up for it (whichever "it" ends up being). I want opinions from people and reasons as to why/why not to buy each guitar. Ive only played on the PRS and I ****ing loved it. It just felt brilliant and right in my hands. But I really dig the Jim Root tele! Both at £800ish give or take a few quid. Your thoughts please!

For Reference:

Jim Root Tele:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/Jim_Root_Telecaster.jpg

PRS SE Torero:
http://www.backalleymusic.co.uk/contents/media/torero%20cherry.jpg

S~
Last edited by StONE_ROdGEr at Jul 27, 2013,
do you need a FR trem?

I like both guitars, but I think I'd take the JR tele myself
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get the Jim Root Strat.

They are around second hand for your budget and it's a far better guitar than the Tele.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you loved the Torero, there's a good chance you won't love the JR Tele.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Robbgnarly
do you need a FR trem?

I like both guitars, but I think I'd take the JR tele myself

No, but I love the ability to fine tune it at the bridge end of things. I've never had a trem, so its not a negative to me.

Get the Jim Root Strat.

They are around second hand for your budget and it's a far better guitar than the Tele.

Not really a fan of the strat.

If you loved the Torero, there's a good chance you won't love the JR Tele.

Why is that? I must admit when I played the Torero I just straight up enjoyed it. I really need to find a shop thats got one in but none around here have one...
See if you can play the Jim Root Tele somewhere. The feel of a guitar is HUGE. I'd personally go for the SE. More versatility with the Floyd, and a tone knob. You're also getting a neck-through body on the PRS with 24 frets. But it really comes down to personal preference. And it depends on what you already own as well.
Quote by StONE_ROdGEr
No, but I love the ability to fine tune it at the bridge end of things. I've never had a trem, so its not a negative to me.

I hope you realize that you've a lot to learn about setting up a floating bridge and FR style trem system then. It also takes quite a while to change strings on FR trem system. So, if you can handle both of those things, fine. If not, don't get a guitar with a FR trem.
Floyds are not hard to work with at all, so long as it's a good trem.

I'd get the Tele just because it looks badass and sounds great. I don't care for Floyds because they sap sustain, and I never use tone knobs. There are a mountain of guitars out there similar to the Torero, and i'd get a Jackson Soloist instead if I wanted that sort of look and feel.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 28, 2013,